This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Friday, December 25, 2009

A White Christmas!

As with a lot of families in the Midwest, our Christmas plans were changed because of the weather. Although we loved waking up to a blanket of snow, we were sad that my family (including Kyndal) weren't able to make the drive here to spend Christmas Day with us. This is the first year in Kyndal's life that I haven't spent Christmas with her. I was very sad, but there was nothing we could do about the weather. So she got the opportunity to spend the day with her dad.

The kids got up around 8:00 a.m. with lots of hugs and a "Merry Christmas" and we ran into the living room to see what Santa brought! Since it was just the five of us this year, we took turns opening our gifts so we could enjoy them more.

After about an hour this is what our living room looked like.


And this is what everybody got for Christmas from Santa.

Of course the Pink Nintendo DS and orange kitty were Brynne's favorite gifts. She also got a Tag Reading System, some Days of the Week underwear, a cd and DS game, lots of little goodies and an abacus (yes I know that sounds weird, but she loves to add.)

Eli has played all day with his new blue DS, and his Uno Moo game, and his Hot Wheels, and has watched his America's Funniest Home Videos dvd about 5 times. He even got to wear his new snow boots and gloves today!

Dawson said this was the best Christmas he's ever had! He got a full drum set, some cool necklaces, a DS game, a Hurley coat, an Element beanie and wallet and some Kiss rubber duckies (that I picked up at Rick's company party Dirty Santa exchange.)

Rick and I always have so much fun opening our gifts from each other, and from the kids. I'll spare you the photos of us, though!

Mama got the crock pot she's been wanting, a new cutlery set (that I broke in today), some homemade gifts from the kids, some gloves from Dawson, a hefty Hobby Lobby gift card, a "potpourri" of kitchen utensils and such (much needed and appreciated!) a magazine subscription to Southern Living, and a couple of cool t-shirts.

Rick got lots of photo gifts this year. I had a photographer come to our house and take some professional portraits of me that I had made into a collage. He loved them! I also had a collage made of pictures of the kids and a personalized calendar for his office. He also got his usual pjs, gourmet green olives, a new beanie, socks, the Glee soundtrack (we love that show) and a magazine subscription to Golf Digest, and an OSU visor from Dawson.

After the gift explosion, the kids bundled up in the 19 degree weather and went out to play (briefly).



The kids played all day, and I snuck in a nap. Rick cleaned up and I spent most of the afternoon working on dinner. We had turkey, homemade dressing, broccoli-cheese rice casserole and rolls. It was yummy!

We had such a nice day together as a family, probably one of the nicest and most relaxing Christmases ever.

We're heading to Missouri tomorrow to see my family, and to see Kyndal (who I have missed.)

Right now Rick and I are sitting on the couch watching Elf.

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great Christmas! I am so sad for you that Kyndal didn't make it home though. You guys have a wonderful time @ your moms this week. These kids are growing up way to fast...I love the story about Brynne and the keys...

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole,

    I'm glad you guys had a great Christmas, although sorry that Kyndal wasn't there with you. We just got back from my parents' house today and the driving was a little tricky and took a little longer than expected.

    Be careful going to your parent's and give me a call if you have time.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas sounded very nice & relaxing. I would have love to have all that white snow. We had 40 degree temps then it got real cold by the end of the night. We had too much going on Christmas day, to call it relaxing. My family at my house by 9:30am then to his moms by 5:00. I would love to have stayed home with just my family. Sorry you had to miss Kendal. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!