This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Nicole's Daybook

I've decided to change the title of my weekly Daybook entry to Nicole's Daybook.

For Today ~ December 29, 2009

Outside my window... it's not my window. I'm in Missouri at my parents'. Outside their window it is overcast, snowy and cold.

I am thinking... about how I need to call my doctor about my prescription first thing this a.m.

I am thankful ... that 2009 is coming to a close and that my busy "quarter" is over and that in January I only have TWO things on the calendar for the entire month, so far!

I am wearing... my pjs and slippers.

I am remembering... the whirlwind of activities we have done this fall and beginning of winter ... 5 big birthday parties (including my dad's 60th), a huge fall craft party at school, Halloween and all it entails, Thanksgiving, Christmas and all its celebrations. It was a successful and exhausting holiday season.

I am creating... my dad's digital picture frame library before I leave this week.

I am going... to go with my sister today to get her yorkie, Sophie, groomed.

I am reading... The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks (YES, still, still, still ... again), and I swear I'm going to read it this week!

I am hoping... that we don't get anymore bad weather so I can easily get back home on Thursday.

On my mind... is all of the organization and cleaning I need to do at home.

From the learning rooms... although it's Christmas break, Brynne is still in full swing with learning words and writing.

Pondering these words ... Lots of words from the kids that this was the best Christmas ever!

From the kitchen... we're enjoying all of my dad's meals (chili one night, homemade stir fry last night .. can't wait for tonight!)

Around the house... there are dog toys and kid toys strewn all around.

One of my favorite things... is just sitting on the couch, drinking my coffee and relaxing.

A few plans for the rest of the week... we're staying here in Missouri until Thursday morning and then heading back to Oklahoma in time for New Year's Eve. That night we are taking the kids to a hotel to swim and spend the night. We'll take them to Toys R Us to spend some of their Christmas money and out to dinner. I'm hoping we'll drive through the Rhema Bible College Christmas lights. Then on New Year's Day we're taking them to see the new Chipmunks movie, then going home to get the house completely back in order for the new year and re-start of school and our normal schedules.

From my picture journal.


Santa and Mrs. Taulman sneaking a Christmas smooch.

Get to know other special women at The Simple Woman's Daybook.


2 comments:

  1. great daybook and great new name for it!

    We just saw the chipmunk movie it was cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having a great week. I feel like I have missed out on a lot this week. We are still in NC visiting family too. Christmas continues....whew!

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!