This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Monday, December 28, 2009

Menu Plan Monday ~ Post Christmas Edition


The beauty of the week after Christmas is that the kids and I always spend it in Missouri at my parents', so they feed us! I left Rick with lots of leftovers from our Christmas dinner (some turkey, stuffing, broccoli cheese rice casserole) and some leftover sausage, potatoes and corn on the cob from his company holiday shrimp boil.

We'll be home Thursday, but we're taking Eli and Brynne to a hotel for the night. We'll take them to eat somewhere fun (for them) like Chuck-E-Cheese or Incredible Pizza.

On New Year's Day we'll be back home for the weekend. We will probably just eat lots of easy things and more leftovers. I am pretty sure it's time for a freezer and pantry purge anyway. I think there are some good things in there that can be put together for weekend meals. If nothing else, we'll have some paninis or breakfast one night.

I will be looking forward to planning the next week's menu over the weekend, and will get my grocery shopping done on Sunday for the week.

Enjoy your week! I know I'll be enjoying my week where my dad cooks every night. Last night we had chili and fried potatoes!

2 comments:

  1. have a great week and visit! wish they lived closer so we could meet up!

    have a wonderful new years eve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you will have lots of yummies to eat. Us, not so much.
    My company is on Christmas shutdown, but my son is in a BMX race Mon & Tues. So, that means eating on the run & eating unhealthy. I am still a little under the weather so, I haven't felt like fixing things to take with us. I have never had sinus problems this bad before and I am sure being locked in a building with tons of dirt, is not helping me either.
    Well, I just wanted to wish you a Happy New Year & I am going back now to read all my favorite blogs to catch up on everyones Christmas. Hope yours was wonderful, mine was and I hate to see it over so quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!