This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

What a Kid! Wednesday ~ Brynne


Brynne is 4 years old. And she has just kind of started doing things without asking. Like, Eli came in Sunday and said that Brynne had gone next door to see if her friend could play. No big deal, really, but she didn't ask me. So, I had no idea that she wasn't playing in the front yard like I thought she was.

Then on Monday, when the twins were here, they had asked if they could go outside and play. I told them that I needed to be in the restroom for a few minutes, finishing getting ready, and that when I was done they could go out to play. I usually let them play outside in the driveway by themselves when I am in the kitchen or laundry room so that I can see and hear them, but not if I am anywhere else in the house.

I went into the restroom to finish straightening my hair. When I came out, the door from the laundry room to the garage was open and the girls were outside riding scooters and playing.

I came outside and said, "I told you that you needed to wait until I got out of the restroom to go outside."

Brynne said, "It's okay." (meaning, it's okay that we went ahead and did what we wanted to do.)

I said, "No, ma'am, it's not okay. Come here."

I had a stern discussion with my sober-faced 4 year old about why I didn't want them outside by themselves and how unhappy I was with her the last few days for doing things without asking.

I turned to go back into the house and she came up behind me and hugged my legs. She started crying and said, "I'm sorry."

I picked her up and hugged her and while she was crying, clung to my neck, I told her, "thank you" for saying she was sorry. I told her how pleased I was, and how happy God was, that she was sorry and felt sad that she had done wrong.

I went on to explain to her that I need her to ask me before she does things so that she doesn't get hurt.

Brynne, a 4 year old with a repentant heart ~ What a Kid!

2 comments:

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!