This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Copycat on the Loose!

I love to copy expensive crafting ideas. But there's a reason I don't go into business myself when I do it. Usually what I end up with is totally amateur and I begin to understand why the person I copied from charges so much for his or her creation!

At An Affair of the Heart yesterday I saw several adorable t-shirts for Brynne. But I absolutely refuse to pay $30+ for something I am certain I can do myself, even if it does end up looking a little amateur!

I immediately went to Wal-Mart and Hobby Lobby last night and bought what I needed to make two of the super-cute holiday shirts I saw. I could have done them cheaper, had I been patient and waited for some sales. But I still managed to make one for about $10 and the other for about $15 or so.

And here they are ...


Brynne's going to wear this to her Thanksgiving Feast at school on Tuesday. The colors didn't show up near as vibrant as they are in person. It is so cute!


And here is a Christmas one!


Isn't it beautiful! At the bottom of the shirt is the hair clippie I made to match. I love the shimmer of the red ribbon against the crystals! She'll wear this one to one of her many Christmas functions.

I had so much fun doing these this morning! And, really, they look almost as good as the professional ones I saw yesterday. They look much more vibrant and pretty in person, but I just wanted to share them! I'm going to attempt the fuzzy zebra print Christmas tree next. It should be super-easy!

11 comments:

  1. The shirts are super cute! Are you going to teach us non-crafty people how to make them? Hint, hint. :)
    ~Keri Cochran

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes....HELLO .... "Craft Party @ NICOLES"

    Keri ~ I will be there, how about you? HELLO that Believe shirt is adorable and I love the turkey tooo :)

    LOVE YOU FRIEND

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are SO cute! I'm very jealous that your daughter can wear that "Believe" shirt to school. At our school, she'd come home disillusioned in no time flat. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. These shirts look terrific. I'm sure they were lots of fun to make.

    Have you ever heard of shelf milk? If you have...have you ever used it in recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you! Those are just adorable! I so wish I had a Hobby Lobby near me. I hear so many great things about it. Did you iron or glue on?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous job!!! I love making shirts but my daughter tends to think she is too old to wear shirts I make. Soooo, I don't get to do that anymore. Bummer!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the tees for your little one! She will look super cute at her Thanksgiving Feast!

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!