This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Kyndal's 15th Birthday (plus one week)

Kyndal's 15th birthday was one week ago today. (I can't believe I never posted this!)

Her birth went something like this:

I was in my third year of law school, and I was 10 days past my due date. My office was on the third floor of the law school and we had no elevator. We also lived an hour and a half away from the school. So, every day I was driving and climbing stairs and going to school and driving home. And I was making no progress! And I was getting miserable!

Finally my doctor decided/was convinced to induce me. So we drove up to Kansas City to the hospital at 6:00 p.m. on November 17th. I was not dilated at all and my cervix had not even begun to thin. So, they "gelled my cervix" and sent me to bed. I was to be induced the next morning. However, 20 minutes later I was in labor. I labored for about 10 hours, had my epidural, hit 5 centimeters and stalled. I was still having a "hot spot" pain, so they adjusted my epidural. I went from 5 to 10 centimeters in a very short period of time. In fact, we had just sent my parents to a hotel for the night and had to call them right back immediately. I thought I needed to go "number 2", but they realized that was no bowel movement I was fixin' to have!

I pushed for 25 minutes, and out she came.

Kyndal Jamison Suhr was born at 6:25 a.m. on Friday, November 18, 1994. She weighed 8 lbs 2 ozs. and was 21" long.

Exactly 15 years later I woke her up so she could get ready for school. She came straight downstairs to open her gifts. Nobody was awake. It was only her and me.

She got Justin Bieber concert tickets and Twilight Woods perfume and shower gel from Bath and Body Works.



Since she was leaving right after school to go with her dad to Missouri, to prepare for her cruise that weekend, I took her into town to get donuts before school.


She was only slightly embarrassed that I pulled out a candle and flame thrower in the middle of the donut shop. After a quick look around to make sure she didn't know anybody, she blew out her candle.

And other than for about 10 seconds while she picked up her suitcase after school, that's all I saw of her all day.

I hope she had a good birthday! I know she had a good birthday week! She gets back from her cruise with her grandma, aunt and cousin tomorrow.

We have missed her!

2 comments:

  1. Awww..you are just the best mom:) She is so beautiful. I'm sure she had an awesome birthday. And Justin tickets...that is the best.

    I hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Kyndal. She is a beautiful girl, just like her momma!

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!