This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Little House on the Prairie ~ "Ma Falls and is Replaced"


This afternoon Rick and I had the enormous pleasure of going to see Little House on the Prairie, the musical. I have blogged about this several times over the past couple of weeks. I have been so excited! The extremely cool part was that Melissa Gilbert, Laura from the famed show, was to play Ma! I really thought this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

And then after last night's show, Ma fell backstage and pulled her back and had to go to the hospital where she still was during today's show.

I was so disappointed, I actually almost cried!

As soon as the emcee said, "I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news ...", I knew. And my heart sank.

The good news? It was still excellent! It really was! The girl that played Laura was good, and the understudy for Ma was also good. But the real show-stopper was Nellie Oleson! She was such a good actress, very funny and had the mannerisms of Nellie down perfectly!

The only downfall was that I didn't feel like they really portrayed the characters quite the same as on the show. Like, Pa was a little angrier than Michael Landon. And Ma was a little sassier. Alonzo was really pursuing Laura hard, when in the show she had a puppy love crush on him for years before he finally took her seriously and married her.

But my husband is now hooked on musicals and plays and we have plans to go see Legally Blonde in January.

So I guess it was all worth it.

Get better Ma ... there's butter to be churned and you don't want that cute understudy to hook up with Pa!

4 comments:

  1. I love it when a movie or play puts a little spin on it. Sounds like it will run for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually Pa was a real angry man in the real live of Laura Ingalls so it sounds like they played it true to her real life not hte books and show we all loved so much!

    sorry she wasn't able to perform!

    how was the party??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I CAN'T believe that "Half Pint" took a tumble back stage. We saw this production last weekend in Springfield and it was amazing.

    I agree...Nellie took the prize. She was unbelievable.

    Glad you had a good time and wish we could have seen it together!

    Ozarks Pal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Legally Blonde in July and it was AMAZING! It was a great show. You and your husband will have a great time.

    Amy, GA

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!