This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Help! I Need Off-White Socks and the Stores Are Closed!

Has that ever happened to you? Well, maybe you're not as anal about your socks matching as I am. But I have been in the predicament where my child had an off-white shirt and no socks to match. And I just can't bring myself to put white socks on them! (Sorry, it's a sickness!)

So, what do you do if you really, really, really need off-white socks and only have white?

Tea bags, I say!

Yes, you take your white socks (or other white clothing item) and dip them in a bowl of freshly prepared tea. You only have to leave them in there for a second.



Take them out, wring them, rise them in cold water, and wring them again.

Toss them in the washing machine and wash as normal.



And, voila, off-white socks!!


Someday you'll thank me.

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing to my tee shirts for Native American Day in my class! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!