This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Watch out Dallas .. The Bloggers are Comin' Out to Play!

I am very excited!

I am leaving at noon tomorrow to drive to Dallas to meet .. in person .. some of the best friends I have ever had! These girls are my friends I have met in the blogging world. I know it seems strange, and maybe even kind of scary to some, to drive to a strange city and expose yourself to people you really do not know! But, if you've blogged for very long, you know that by reading these blogs daily you really know them better than you probably do your real life friends or family.

These women I am meeting have prayed for me, listened to me, told me some of their inner most secrets and listened to mine. And there are at least 4 of them that I can't wait to squeeze to death when I see them!

One of those friends, Alicia at Murry Mayhem, did a "tidbits" post yesterday to tell a little bit about herself to some of those bloggers who don't know her. You see, so far there are about 20 of us women who are getting together on Friday night to celebrate our friendships!

A couple of weeks ago my niece tagged me in one of those surveys on Facebook. Since I don't do much on FB anymore, I didn't respond to the tag. But, I tucked it away for future use. Now is the future. Believe me, there is more information here than you will ever need to know about me.

1. What time did you get up this morning? 4:55 a.m., to go work out.

2. How do you like your steak? Medium rare. I like some pink!

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? My Sister's Keeper. I went with my daughter, sister and niece.

4. What is your favorite TV show? Oh gosh, I am so addicted to reality t.v. and detective type shows that I don't know if I can choose. If I had to, I guess I would say either "So You Think You Can Dance" or "Project Runway", although my husband and I love to watch "Lie to Me" together.

5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The Grand Tetons are breathtaking!

6. What did you have for breakfast? Only coffee so far. But, most mornings I usually have either a whole wheat english muffin with apricot preserves or wheat toast with peanut butter, cinnamon and honey. 

7. What is your favorite cuisine? I don't know which I like
best .. Chinese, Italian or Mexican.

8. What foods do you dislike? Most sausages, German food.

9. Favorite Place to Eat? Either Olive Garden or Red Robin.

10. Favorite dressing? Poppy seed or Honey mustard.

11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? a rockin' 2003 Chevrolet Suburban. (I actually have had a chance here recently to get a newer SUV, all souped up, but declined. I love my Suburban, and I don't have a payment!!)

12. What are your favorite clothes? My p.j.'s, but if I have to get out of them .. jeans, a cute top and flats or flip flops. Oh, and I love boots in winter. And I could wear a scarf every day.

13. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? I'm such a pessimist, but I'm trying to change that.

14. Where would you want to retire? Again, Jackson Hole, Wyoming, or someplace nice where my husband could play golf year round.

15. Favorite time of day? Morning.

16. Where were you born? Ft. Eustis Army Base, Virginia.

17. What is your favorite sport to watch? Golf.

18. Bird watcher? Not really, but I do get a kick out of the babies in the nest on my back porch. And, I bought a birdbath this year and put up birdhouses with seed for the mama birds. And, I would love to have a Purple Martin house.

19. Are you a morning person or a night person? Definitely morning. I am done being a human being at about 8:30 at night.

20. Do you have any pets? A
huge old cat named Clifford, and two lizards named Bandit and Camo. And, all the cats in our neighborhood hang out at our house.

21. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? I'm going through a mid-life crisis.

22. What did you want to be when you were little? A teacher or a journalist.

23. What is your best childhood memory? Getting a rabbit fur coat (sorry Bob Barker.) My other favorite memory is getting a tweed coat from the mall I wanted. What is it with coats?

24. Are you a cat or dog person? More cat because they are less maintenance.

25. Are you married? Yes. To my man of 8 years, Rick.

26. Always wear your seat belt? Almost always.

27. Been in a car accident? Yes, when I was 16, and I broke my arm.

28. Any pet peeves? Popping fingers, or popping anything really, but especially fingers. I will slap a stranger's hand to stop them! And grammatical errors!

29. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Lots of veggies, but mostly mushrooms and onions.

30. Favorite Flower? It used to be yellow roses. But, really, I just love pots full of spring flowers.

31. Favorite ice cream? I really don't care for ice cream. I prefer sorbet. My fav, if I was to buy something, would be Haagen Dazs Mango Sorbet.

32. Favorite fast food restaurant? McDonald's .. I just love a Big Mac!

33. How many times did you fail your driver's test? I didn't fail, but I drove up on the curb when parallel parking. My instructor said, "You can stop now." I still can't parallel park.

34. From whom did you get your last email? My real life BFF Steph. 

35. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? It always seems to be Kohl's.

36. Do anything spontaneous lately? Not really. I'm not into doing anything that is not completely planned out. Something else I am trying to change.

37. Like your job? I love being a wife and mom. But, now that my kids are older and don't need me as much, I feel a little useless. I'm trying to figure out what God wants me to do about that.

38. Broccoli? My favorite veggie.

39. What was your favorite vacation? Going to Bermuda with Rick last summer. Heaven.

40. Last person you went out to dinner with? Dinner .. Rick. I ate lunch at Subway with Kyndal, my daughter, yesterday.

41. What are you listening to right now? Nothing. My family is still asleep. I usually do keep it quiet in the house. I tend to get over-stimulated (and therefore, grouchy!) easily, so I keep it quiet as much as possible.

42. What is your favorite color? Gold and brown.

43. How many tattoos do you have? none... although I have always wanted a small one on the upper right side of my back.

44. Coffee Drinker? I might as well not even be alive without coffee. Seriously, it's my favorite thing. It can be good coffee, bad coffee, with cream and sugar or black. I don't care. I just need it and love it! It soothes my soul.

If you want to know anything else, you can just browse around on my blog to figure me out. One thing you will see quickly is that I'm an open book!

For those of you who will be at the get-together .. See you there!!!!

3 comments:

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!