This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Could You Help Me into a Jam????

I want to make peach jam/jelly (honestly I don't know the difference between the two.) All I know is that I want to make my own, so that it doesn't contain High Fructose Corn Syrup or other things that don't need to be there. But I want my jam/jelly for my morning english muffin. And wouldn't that make a great teacher gift with gourmet crackers in a cute basket??

I don't have a double broiler, or other expensive equipment, and don't want to buy them.

So, I need the super cheap, super easy recipe.

Help!!!

Also, I found a new "butter spread" at Walmart. It's the Great Value brand called Cardio Choice Buttery Spread with Flax Oil. It's got canola, soybean, palm and flaxseed oil. It's 2 WW points per tablespoon. And, it tastes good!

5 comments:

  1. When you find out share with me. I want to know too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of all the recipes I have, that's not one of them! Wish I did though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my mom has a great jam recipe-- stroutt@gmail.com or just facebook her she would love to share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a jam and jelly recipe on www.sugarpiefarmhouse.com recently. I don't know if she used fancy equipment or not.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the blogs I read just put up a recipe a day or two ago. Though I do think she uses the fancy equipment, I'd think you could still use the recipe if it is what you're looking for...

    http://romantichome.blogspot.com/2009/08/making-peach-jam.html

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!