This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today  ~  August 18, 2009

Outside my window... It is cloudy and cooler after quite a rain storm last night (I said the same thing last week!)

I am thinking... about how today is my baby brother's 30th birthday and how I should call his old butt right now (it would be 6:30 a.m. his time) and wish him Happy Birthday! Instead, I'll let him sleep in and then I'll call his old butt!!

I am thankful ...  for my great kids, even though two are preschool age learning to assert their independence and two are teenagers .. wait .. also learning to assert their independence. Does it never end??? Now that I think about it, I'm 38 and still trying to assert mine.

From the learning rooms... oh, school starts tomorrow. Reality for all (and some peace for mommy) is about to set in!!

From the kitchen... I sit .. tired, needing some coffee, and thinking about all I need to do today!

I am wearing... my pjs and my robe. This will be my last day of doing this at this time of morning for a long time!

I am creating... an idea for a creation to hang on one of our walls in our kitchen (I've been inspired by the DFW bloggers). And I'm getting all of our plans ready for Brynne's birthday party this weekend.

I am praying ... for some final acceptance of relationships, restoration and some peace for everybody involved.

I am going... to spend my days sorting my kids' clothes, boxing up all of the things that are too small and making some order out of school clothes versus play clothes.

I am reading... "One Weekend to Change Your Life" by Joan Anderson.

I am hoping... that I'm not as tired tonight when it's "me and Rick" time. I've been exhausted this whole week, I guess recovering from my "relaxing and refreshing" weekend away!

I am hearing... "Tom and Jerry" on the t.v. and Brynne whispering loudly, "Clifford .. Cliiiiiiiford!" (he's our cat).

Around the house... I have a sleeping family. They aren't going to enjoy having to start getting up early when school starts! (I said this exact same thing two weeks in a row).

One of my favorite things... is the first day of school. I loved it when I was in school, and I love it now that my kids are in school. There is just something so new and fresh about the start of a new school year. The smell of new school supplies makes me smile (after I've gotten over the shock of how much I paid for them!) I love the nervous energy and the tears! And then the kids tell me to get a tissue and an even bigger grip, and then they're ready to start!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Today we are just organizing and getting prepared for school tomorrow. Dawson and Kyndal and doing "one last summer thing" and going to the movies together. They went bowling together last night. And tomorrow is the big day!! Thursday we meet with our Life Coach for the first time in a long time. On Friday we are having our Family Fun Night. We bought something to do as a family, and it should be fun! You'll have to stay tuned for that! Saturday is Brynne's birthday party at the zoo. I've been planning this now for about 9 months (seriously!). On Sunday Rick is playing golf with a friend. After church I might just take a nap while the kids play. And then on Monday I have to have a medical procedure for a recurring medical problem I am having. I am not looking forward to it at all and could definitely use prayers for good results.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing..


Kyndal loves to edit photos on Picnik. She did this one this week. It made me smile that even with all of the issues we have as a normal family, and the additional ones we have as a blended family, she still feels this way about us AS a family.

Get to know other Daybookers at the Simple Woman's Daybook.

3 comments:

  1. "I am praying ... for some final acceptance of relationships, restoration and some peace for everybody involved."

    I've been praying that same thing this morning. Even had a lengthy conversation with someone who needs restoration.

    Such prayer and work is at the heart of Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading your simple women's daybook. I think I might start doing that on my family blog when the kids are back at school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness....really? coffee with you on thursday?

    IM SOOO THERE! CANT WAIT! let me know where ok?
    I am soo ready to get caught up with you!!

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!