This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today  ~  August 11, 2009

Outside my window... It is cloudy and cooler after quite a rainstorm last night.

I am thinking... that it must be a mid-life crisis.

I am thankful ...  for God continually putting women and words in my life that comfort me and give me guidance.

From the learning rooms... only 8 more days until school starts, so my kids are attempting to be as brain-dead as possible until then.

From the kitchen... the leftovers have all been eaten and it's time to clean out the fridge.

I am wearing... my pjs because I didn't sleep well last night and didn't go work out this morning.

I am creating... plans to head out of town this weekend! DFW Blogging Friends, here I come!!!

I am praying ... that God will show me and that in the meantime I will be preparing like He wants me to!

I am going... to make some coffee and change out the litter box because I'm stinky with no coffee and the box is definitely stinky!

I am reading... "Gift from the Sea" by Anne Morrow Lindbergh (it just might hold some of the answers to the questions I am asking myself).

I am hoping... that my husband's back is better today.

I am hearing... Scooby Doo on the television and Brynne wiggling around on the couch.

Around the house... I have a sleeping family. They aren't going to enjoy having to start getting up early when school starts! (I said this exact same thing last week).

One of my favorite things... is the way I feel after I have worked out. Last week I started going back to the Y at 5:30 a.m.  I'm not typically thrilled to get up at a few minutes before 5, but my body just feels so good when I do!! I even discovered a new class I like, by total accident. Who would have known??

A few plans for the rest of the week... Today we are just hanging out at home all day to get some housework caught up. Tomorrow Kyndal has a dentist appointment and an orthodontist appointment (have to get braces bands to match her first-day-of-school outfit, right?) and both older kids pick up their school schedules. On Thursday I have a doctor's appointment and Rick and I are going to go on a day-time date for lunch. On Friday Eli has a haircut in the morning,

and then my girls and I are headed to Dallas

The Dallas/Fort Worth blogging girls (and me) are meeting each other, some of us for the first time! I am SO EXCITED! My best blogging buddy Jen arranged this whole thing and I think we're up to about 20 women now. What an amazing weekend of encouragement, laughs and fun!

While we're in Dallas my daughters and I are going to hit the outlet mall to do some school shopping before coming home on Sunday night. I'm not sure what my boys are going to be doing! (Probably a whole lot of nothin' .. just like they like it!)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing..


Two dudes and a goat ...
No, actually, this is my older son, Dawson, and his best friend, Antonio. (The goat just knows two good guys when he sees them.)
It is such a blessing when one of your children (and hopefully all of them) 
finds a best friend like this.
Dawson and Antonio are inseparable! We live in the same subdivision and they are completely compatible! When Antonio is around, I hardly even know they are here! They just hang out together. When they're not in the house playing DS or watching t.v. or drawing they are outside riding skateboards or bikes, exploring, swimming or camping.
I can see such a difference in Dawson having such an awesome friendship. He is definitely more confident (maybe a little too much)! But it's so great to see him thinking about someone else and his needs and wants, instead of always thinking about himself.
I hope that these two boys will be friends for life.

Get to know other Daybookers at the Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

  1. sorry your having a rough time! getting out of town and having a girls weekend will be fun!:)

    your in my thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!