This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today  ~  August 4, 2009

Outside my window... I sit on my new patio furniture enjoying the morning sun that has just come up from behind the bluff.

I am thinking... about how relaxed and peaceful I am this morning.

I am thankful ...  that my spirits are uplifted and I have hope again for days that feel simplified, even though they really aren't.

From the learning rooms... we are really trying to just take it easy because school starts in a couple more weeks. But, I think as a family we are really working on focusing on the positives in our lives, looking for the joys.

From the kitchen... I'm trying some new self made-up recipes this week, at Dawson's request. So far, so good!

I am wearing... my workout capris, red tank and tennis shoes.

I am creating... piles of school supplies.

I am praying ... for some revelation about what it means to Abide in God.

I am going... to finish my coffee and then prepare for us to get out of the house for a while today.

I am reading... "Broken Children, Grownup Pain" by Paul Hegstrom, PhD, and "No One You Know" by Michelle Richmond

I am hoping... to continue enjoying what's left of our short summer break, and that the 100 degree weather we are going to have this week doesn't last beyond it!

I am hearing... locusts (I think) chirping and the air conditioning units running.

Around the house... I have a sleeping family. They aren't going to enjoy having to start getting up early when school starts!

One of my favorite things... is taking power naps. Yesterday, at 4:15 p.m., I set my alarm for 4:45 p.m., closed the drapes in my bedroom, and laid down and napped. It was one of those times where I immediately drifted off and peacefully slept. It felt good and gave me the energy boost I needed to get up and fix dinner and finish off the evening.

A few plans for the rest of the week... I'm considering taking the kids into Big Splash today (but am dreading the hoopla of getting everything together). On Thursday I enroll Eli for kindergarten! (Good grief, that's going to be hard!) On Friday Rick and I have to attend a funeral for a man Rick used to work for who died of cancer this past week. Saturday is Miss Brynne's 4th birthday, so we'll be all about her all day! On Sunday we are going to Joplin to take Amanda out to eat for her birthday and picking up Kyndal from being at grandma and papa's all week.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing..



This is a new favorite! They are Oroweat Sandwich Thins. They are whole grain and only 100 calories, packed with fiber. If you are a Weight Watcher's person, they are only 1 pt. for both pieces (and they are much tastier than Wonder Light Wheat Bread). A fresh turkey sandwich with lettuce and garden grown tomatoes on these sandwich thins is SO GOOD! I also tried the Double Fiber Whole Wheat English Muffins yesterday, and they are really good too!

Get to know other Daybookers at the Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

  1. they look good are they expensive? I might have to try them!? So what does the birthday girl want to d??

    hope she has a great bday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!