This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Me" Has Returned

I feel like the true "me" has come back from a long summer vacation.

I told my daughter yesterday (actually in a hissy fit of sorts) that I was worn out from the "free for all" that has been occurring most days this summer.

I am a schedule girl. I am working to try to be a little more spontaneous, not needing quite so much order in my day. But, when it all comes down to it, I need a certain amount of order!!

Today I have been completely in my element. I got the teenagers ready and off to school. I got Eli ready and off to school. I have gotten some housework done and am getting ready to get lunch prepared for the girls. Then I'll take Brynne to school and put the girls down for a nap and finish a little more housework (in the peace and quiet). Everybody will then start to come home from school and work and our nightly "routine" will continue.

Somehow in the midst of all of this, I feel an immense amount of peace!

Last night we started our new routine of getting everybody moving toward bed by 8:30 p.m. So, Rick and I were sitting down, together, alone, in the quiet, watching t.v. by 9:00. It was great! With some family cooperation, this will make our nights so much better!

Come back later to hear all about our first day of school!

4 comments:

  1. You COULD be my daughter! I'll do my best to overlook chaos, but when it gets down to it...I'm at my very best when order is restored and I usually take the bull by the horns and SEE that it gets restored. We could have worse habits!!!

    Hope everyone has a good first day of school and that Mom continues breathing easier.

    Love,
    Ozarks Pal

    ReplyDelete
  2. yippee! i'm so glad you feel like you again! I like schedules too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOO HOO!!! Glad you're feeling like yourself again! I told you it would get better ;)

    p.s. email me that website we talked about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the exact opposite. I hate schedules. They make me feel trapped and depressed. I am sure with a gaggle of kids it's the only way to go. So glad you're feeling good.

    I put my pjs on at 6:00 last night and thought of you.

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!