This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Friday, August 21, 2009

Rick Rocks ~ Because He's a Great Daddy!


Although initially it doesn't seem that this is directly related to being a good husband. But, if you're a wife and mother, having your husband also be a great daddy makes him an even more incredible husband! And, it also makes him even more attractive to you ... or at least it does to me.

Rick is more than great with the kids. He is a total hands-on daddy. He baths, changes clothes, fixes meals, cleans up, plays, works in the yard, cuddles and more. He will spend entire weekends with them so I have time away to recharge, and I don't have to worry for one second about whether they will be cared for the way I want it done.

He went with me to take Eli to kindergarten for the first time. And last night when Eli was going to bed he told Rick that he wanted him to just stay home with him and "hang out".


On Brynne's birthday he took her to breakfast, just the two of them, and gave her a special gift. (Okay, he had a little help from me, but to her it was so special!!)


On Wednesday nights when Kyndal goes to youth service, she wants Rick to come pick her up, not me. It's because he's more fun. This week they played the question game on the way home. They have some great talks.


When Dawson has his play tower sleepovers, Rick's the one out there helping him run the extension cord to it so the boys can play their video games and watch movies.


I don't know what I would do without Rick as the father of my children. I'm not saying he is perfect. God knows he and I both make lots of mistakes as parents. But, I know lots and lots and lots of wives who do nothing but complain about how absent their husbands are in the upbringing of their children. I can't say that. All I can say is ...

Rick Rocks ~ Because He's a Great Daddy!!!

2 comments:

  1. this is one of my favorite reasons why hubbys rock! more kids need great daddies like Rick! :)

    the great adventure

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post!! Rick is such a good daddy and he is fun but so are you :) trust me you ARE!!

    have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!