This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Friday, August 14, 2009

Rick Rocks ~ Because He Encourages Me to Take Time for Myself

This weekend (well, actually at noon today) I am going to Dallas to meet up with about 25 other bloggers in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I currently follow the blogs of 5 of the women, and count them as being some of my best friends. So, I am so excited!

But, with it being the end of summer, and the weekend before school starts, it's not the best time for me to go.

A few weeks ago, even though I have had this planned for quite a while, I had decided in my mind that I just wouldn't go. Rick is actually the one who mentioned it. He asked me if I had made my plans yet. When I told him I didn't think I was going to go, he said, "You absolutely will go!", or something to that effect.

He continued on to tell me how important it was that I get away to do something for myself, especially before the busyness of the school year started up.

It has really meant a lot to me that he feels that it's so important for me to spend time away from our family to rejuvenate myself. I know there are many, many women who do not have the support of their husbands to do things like that. And I am so grateful that Rick cares about me in such a way! 

Not only that, but today is the day that Eli meets his kindergarten teacher. I am needing to leave by about noon, so can't be here to do it. Rick is taking off work and taking Eli to do this. If you are a mom, you know what a BIG DEAL this is! I am so sad not to be here to share in this time, but Rick is the kind of daddy who will take the time to do the important things.

Thank you, babe, for giving me this weekend. The girls and I will have a nice time together, and I know I'll be ready to tackle the school year when I get back.



Rick Rocks ~ Because he encourages me to take time for myself!

3 comments:

  1. YEP! Having a supportive hubby is the best isn't it!

    Have a wonderful time! Can't wait to hear all about it and we will do coffee next week ok ..... :)

    love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Rick I said thanks. I would have been so sad to not get to meet you face to face

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed meeting you tonight :)
    ~Elyse

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!