This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Ringin' in the New Year

What did you do for New Year's Eve? Did you get a sitter and go out with your spouse, or did you celebrate with the kids? If you're a mommy or daddy, did you make it up until midnight, or did you cheat and yell "Happy New Year" at midnight Eastern time? (We've done that many years!)

This year Rick and I decided to ring in the new year with the kids, or at least two of them. Kyndal and Dawson are still with their dad.



We rented a hotel room 20 miles away. After we checked in we took the kids to Incredible Pizza for dinner and games. It was actually nice to see so many families there spending New Year's Eve together! We planned to stop by Toys R Us so Eli and Brynne could buy something with their Christmas money, but it was closed by the time we got there. After the shedding of some tears we ran to Walmart to get some hotel room snacks and a new booster seat (because my sister ended up taking Eli's to Kansas City with her to work, and we needed another one for Brynne anyway). In true Rick fashion, we also walked out with a new Wii.



When we got back to the hotel we took the kids down to the pool for a while. Then we came back to the room, took warm baths, played DS, climbed into the beds and watched Night at the Museum with hot chocolate and snacks. Lights were out at 10:00 and we were asleep shortly thereafter.



Rick and I didn't even smooch at midnight ... he was in one bed with Eli and I was in the other with Brynne. I told him that he was snoring to me at midnight, if that made him feel any better!

We left the hotel around 10:00 this morning and ran by Toys R Us. They were open, much to Eli and Brynne's delight! Eli bought two more Battle Force 5 cars with his money. Brynne bought two containers of play food and pots and pans for her kitchen, a doggie vet set and a DS game. They are happily playing with their new toys right now!

Rick and I have been organizing! He's taking down the rest of the Christmas decorations and storing them. I'm gutting the playroom upstairs. So far I have a large donate pile (actually several) and two large bags of trash! I feel marginally better about all of the junk!

The rest of the day will be spent continuing to organize and unpacking from being gone last week. The house is very dirty, so I'm hoping to get it good and clean by the end of the weekend.

I hope you have a productive New Year!

5 comments:

  1. what a great new year! we celebrated at 8 am ( new years eve day since it was midnight in Sydney Australia my youngest that was fun!

    Then my oldest stayed up and watched Justin Bieber and Daughtry on tv perform and was asleep by 10 along with mom and dad! so yep a family new years eve here too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your going to love hte Wii i love hte Wii Fit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you guys had a good time. We stayed in and played games with the kids all night and had a blast! You are going to love the Wii. The kids kick my butt everytime we're on it!

    Sorry I missed you when you were at your mom and dad's. I was looking forward to seeing you.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!
    It looks like you had a wonderful time. It sounds wonderful to me! We went to two kid-friendly parties, and didn't get home until 2:30 in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea:) We were on our last night of vacation in NC and had several friends and family stop in to say their goodbyes. Hunter wanted to stay up until midnight for the first time so we struggled to stay wake. We did watch the ball drop and quick kisses and then to bed we went.

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!