This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What a Kid! Wednesday ~ Brynne


I haven't posted about Brynne in a while. She is one of those consistent kids. She's good pretty much all the time. She's sassy as all get out, but so serious and well-behaved.

So, today I just thought I would talk about some of her qualities that have surprised me lately.

Like, at home she is the gal in charge! Da Boss! There's not a quiet moment! She talks non-stop, dances, sings, teaches, oh my! So, imagine my surprise at the walk-a-thon when she told me to Stoooooooppppppp! when I tried to sing or dance with her to the music! She was embarrassed! She is so subdued in a large group, has no intention of being pointed out or the center of attention.

But then, when her friend was crying because she wanted her mommy, she went right up to her and took her hand and walked the rest of the walk-a-thon with her, holding hands. She is so motherly and nurturing!

She is doing so fantastic in school! She loves it, although I think she may be slightly bored with the level of content. She spends every moment at home coloring, painting, doing preschool workbook pages (and kindergarten and first grade), cutting with scissors, etc. She also spends almost every minute of the day sounding out every word she hears to determine what letter it starts with, what words it rhymes with, etc. I asked her the other night if her head was tired at the end of the day from all of the thinking she does. She said, "Yes." It is apparent in that she goes to sleep right at 8:30 p.m. and sleeps most mornings until I wake her up at 8:30 a.m. to take Eli to school. Twelve hours of sleep is a little unusual for her. She used to be an early riser. But, she is exhausted from all of the learning!

And I'm exhausted from all her learning!

But, I am so very proud of her each and every day! It's so nice as a mama to never, not for one second, have to worry about her and whether she is doing well, behaving, being kind, etc. I just love her to pieces!


What a Kid!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!