This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Monday, October 19, 2009

Skating Into Teenagehood

Yesterday I became the mother of another teenager. Dawson turned 13 yesterday. It really is unreal to me.


I'd like to say he has skated into it with ease. But, honestly, it's been difficult for both of us.


But now it's official and he's a young man.


He got a new skateboard from Zumiez and has spent the better part of the last two days riding it with his bud Antonio.

Then last night we ordered his favorite stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut and went to the movies. Actually, between eight of us we saw three different movies. Rick and I took the little ones to see "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs", which was so good!! Kyndal and her friend went to see "Fame", which she said was lame. And Dawson and Antonio went to see "The Stepfather". It was rated PG-13 and, well, he's 13 now so his repertoire of movies will likely expand.

All I know is that I am definitely getting old! The kids have been home for Fall Break since last Thursday. That, coupled with Dawson's surprise party on Saturday and his birthday yesterday, I am exhausted! I have been cold (even though this is the warmest day we have had in two weeks), and achy and exhausted all day today. I've spent the better part of today wrapped up in the quilt laying in bed. And that's where I plan on staying the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!