This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Saturday, February 7, 2009

To Each His Own


With a new 2009 budget, hobbies have really taken a back burner for Rick and I.  I'm doing more digital scrapbooking, which doesn't cost anything at this point (until I decide to print something), so I'm not feeling much of a pinch.  But if you know Rick even a small iota, you know that this man lives and breathes golf!  And he hasn't played in a few months. Can you say sacrifice??  But today, oh today, it's going to be 75 degrees.  Not only was it desirable for him to get out and play today, it was a down-right necessity.  So, that's where he is.  And I am so happy!  He loves it, which means I love it! Have a good day, babe!

Dawson isn't quite as pumped up about what he's doing today.  He had to get up at 5:45 a.m. ON A SATURDAY to leave for a merit badge fair for Boy Scouts in Tahlequah.  He has the opportunity to earn up to 6 badges today but he'll surely miss playing outside all day on this beautiful day!  Last night he and I stayed up 'til 11:00 watching the last two episodes of "Crusoe" that we had DVR'd.  We had no idea that it was the conclusion of the series and it left so much open-ended!!  It was cancelled for poor ratings.  I will admit, the first few episodes were a a little slow.  But, to us it was fascinating, and it really picked up steam in the last several episodes.  And it had become "our" thing to do together.  And we'll miss it!

Kyndal took off last night with Lisa and McKenzie to head back to Arkansas to see her dad. Him and her papa are working on downed and damaged trees to make some extra money.  Last week when she came home she immediately got sick and had to miss two days of school.  They apparently had too much fun, and her poor little weak self just can't handle that!  She's a girl who likes/needs to go to bed early and get lots of rest.  "Partying" is just not her thing.  I'm hoping they will take it easy this weekend, since she's on the tail end of being sick.  I just hope that she will start to use some common sense and listen to her body when it's trying to tell her something.  I know she'll have a great time because Lisa's daughter had a baby this week and she'll be all over him!

That leaves me and the little guys.  We've got projects to do today!  Each of them have Valentine boxes to make for school and Valentines to sign.  So, we're going to head into town later, pick out valentines and box decorations, and come home and work on them.  Then Brynne has to have a cardboard box car for her drive-in movie day at school in a couple of weeks.  They said not to make a big deal out of it. But you know me .. I'm thinking pink convertible!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!