This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Friday, February 19, 2010

Rick Rocks ~ Because He Tucks Me In At Night


I love movies about old people who love each other. We watched Up! the other night and were so sad about the beginning. But, the love that little old man showed for his wife, and visa versa, was so touching. I love how the husband in The Notebook reads their love story to her every single day in hopes she will remember just for a moment. I remember when my ex-husband's grandmother died. His grandpa Pickles was lost without his Millie. He died one year later. He is the only man I have ever seen who literally died of a broken heart.

What does this have to do with Rick and I? Every night Rick turns down our bed, gets out my special pillow, spreads out my favorite quilt, turns on my fan and tucks me in for the night. He's a night owl so many nights he doesn't even come to bed when I do. But if he does, he will lay next to me and stroke my hair. It's really quite funny what it takes to get me into a relaxed state to go to sleep at night. And Rick takes care of every detail.

And if I go to get ready for bed and decide to turn down the bed myself he'll either stop me or, if I'm already done, mention that he's "falling down on the job."

I love that he gets me ready for bed and tucked in. It makes me feel special and loved.

I can see us doing this routine when this little old arthritic body can barely hoist herself up into her individually controlled sleepmaster bed. My wrinkled old bald but very sweet husband will be taking care of my bed so I can get a good night's rest.

I love it.

And I love him.

Rick Rocks ~ Because he tucks me in at night.

3 comments:

  1. You HAVE found your Simon....after 31 years the tucking in is still a ritual....and it DOES make you feel secure....and it sounds like you ARE secure in your marriage.

    You SO DESERVE this....cherish every second of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How stinking sweet girl! Y'all have such a sweet marriage. I happen to have a thing for little old couples! I know that sounds very odd! Ha! But I feel the same way about seeing little old couples who love each other so much, it just melts my heart! So much so that there is this little old dumpy bar down here that has a band on Saturday afternoons that plays, mostly the only people that go are the sweet old couples, but sometimes Tab takes me just so I can watch them dance! I just sit there the whole 2 hours just in awe of them and their love for each other. It's a lot like seeing 20 little old couples dancing just like they do in The Notebook after he reads to her.

    In fact, it just so happened to be a Saturday on our 6 month anniversary, and Tab took me there to see them before he took me to dinner to propose! It was perfect! It just reiterated how much I love that man right before I said yes to spending the rest of my life with him!

    I didn't mean for this to be so long! Hope your having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!