This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Rick Rocks ~ Because He Is Always Growing and Changing and Learning


"When you're finished changing, you're finished." ~ Benjamin Franklin

We never arrive. We never figure it all out. And neither do those around us. Life is about constant change, constant rediscovery about ourselves and the world around us, constant growth in our relationships and work ethic and spiritual lives, constant learning from others and about ourselves.

It can get frustrating at times because, I think, we are always trying to "get there" ... to that place of peace and complete understanding.

Some people really fight change .. change in themselves and change in others. I happen to be one of those people.

But one of the things I love most about Rick is his willingness to look himself in the eyes and realize that something needs to change. He's not always happy about it, but he's always willing to do it. Sometimes it comes through a discussion with someone else (me, someone at work, etc.). But, sometimes it just comes from within himself.

I love it when we are having a conversation and he has a moment of discovery about himself.

Most often he doesn't have the answer about how to change it. But he has a moment where he sees it for what it is, and has a desire to do something about it.

How miserable it would be to be married to someone who was stuck in their ways, never willing to admit that they might be wrong once in a while. I am blessed that I am not married to someone like that.

Rick Rocks ~ Because he is always growing and changing and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!