This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... it is sunny!

I am thinking... about my fears and insecurities.

I am thankful ... for moments when I see my children playing well together and being kind and loving to each other .. just being friends .. both the older kids and the little ones.

I am wearing... my pjs and new robe (I finally found a cute one at TJ Maxx).

I am remembering... how invincible I am not when I am sick.

I am creating... nothing. Really, I'm creating nothing. Last week I lied and said nothing, when I was creating the final touches to our Amazing Race: Valentine Edition. But this week, I am really creating nothing.

I am going... to stay sitting and resting all day, because I am still sick (my neighbor who is a pediatrician actually thinks I have RSV .. I didn't know adults got RSV).

I am reading... Nothing right now. But I am getting ready to start one of my new Kristin Hannah books. Perhaps I will start today since I am not planning on doing anything.

I am hoping... that I get to feeling better in the next two days while Rick is gone on a business trip so that I am not a zombie for the weekend (like I was last weekend).

On my mind... is how I haven't spent any quality time with Rick all week. I've been sick, my mom was here for a visit and he's traveling. I hate it!

From the learning rooms... I see progress being made for Dawson.

Pondering these words ... "And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this." ~ Esther 4:14

From the kitchen... nothing tonight because we are going to IHOP to get Free shortstacks! (But last night we had a crock pot roasted chicken and it was so good! I found a rub for it on Recipezaar that gave it incredible flavor!)

Around the house... is so much that needs to be done, but I'm not going to do any of it.

One of my favorite things... are avocados. In fact, I am obsessed with them right now! For lunch I love to eat either a turkey sandwich with avocado or to take Wasa Rye Light wafers, add sliced avocado and garlic salt. Yum!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Today I am literally going to rest all day. This afternoon we are going to go to IHOP for their Free shortstack special for a donation to Children's Miracle Network. Tomorrow will be much of the same, and Thursday as well. On Friday we need to take the puppies to the vet for their shots. Kyndal's school formal is on Saturday night. Hopefully Rick and I will get to spend some time together this weekend. We need a date! Last Friday really didn't count, because we were busy with the race instead of spending time together.

From my picture journal.


Eli loves to be a "car rider". Although I pick him and Brynne up in the pre-k car line every day, he loves it when he gets to get picked up in the regular elementary car line. Sometimes on Thursdays, when I am at the school doing copies, I let him go down to the car line and Brynne and I drive around and pick him up. He loves it!

Get to know other special women at The Simple Woman's Daybook.


1 comment:

  1. Sorry you were sick! Hope all is better now. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!