Yesterday I spent the majority of the day in our playroom doing one of my least favorite jobs ever ... (re) organizing the toy tubs for the gazillionth time.
I knew I was needing to get this done soon because the back half of the playroom is where Dawson's schoolroom will be this year. The problem? ... this!
Brynne's "house" was right where our desks needed to be. And the toy tubs were overflowing with junk!
On Monday I bought several Sterlite tubs with lids. I've found this to be a great way to store "like" toys. I then store them in the storage room off the playroom and when the kids want to play with certain toys, I can just pull out the appropriate tub. Organized play .. I love it!
It was right about ** here ** that I started to meltdown!
I didn't even know where to start! I told Brynne that I thought it would be wise for her and Eli to stay downstairs away from me because I was very frustrated that I was having to sort through these buckets, which were the complete result of them just throwing toys in them with no thought all these times I've asked them to clean up the playroom.
I had many buckets where the insides looked like this ... Look at that mish-mash of toys!!!
It's no wonder they can't even find that one particular toy they are looking for!!
At the end of several hours I had this pile of tubs (still waiting for distribution of toys from Eli and Brynne's rooms before they get stored away. Toys always tend to make their way in mass exodus from the playroom to their rooms downstairs. That cleaning and distribution will occur tomorrow. We have titled tubs of "animals", "castle", "cars", "girl toys", "Fisher Price", "Batman, Superman, Spiderman", etc.)
After the tubs were stacked, the back end of the playroom was ready for the schoolroom construction to begin.
Here is Phase I ... the desks.
We will add shelves, bulletin and white boards, books, supplies and a world map, hopefully some color ... and eventually a teacher and student.
For now, though, the teacher needs a break!