This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... A sunny day following a few days of off and on rain.

I am thinking... about Rick's job situation and our future and how God has a plan for us that we are clueless to. It's confusing at times, and frustrating (more for Rick than for me). I just want us to be where we are supposed to be, and for Rick to have some fulfillment in his days when it comes to his career.

I am thankful ... that Kyndal's neck issues appear to not be too serious at this point, although an MRI will show us more. Hopefully she will get the go-ahead to start therapy and can get off her pain meds soon.

I am wearing... my running clothes. Had a good run this morning.

I am planning... to get together buckets and things this morning so Eli can make his own Wipeout Zone on our back patio for his toys to go through. Do your kids love this show as much as mine?

I am creating... I don't want to talk about what I haven't gotten done in the creating department.

I am going... to continue to enjoy this summer because it has been a really great one and it will be over so soon. I register the kids in just a couple of weeks!!!

I am reading... Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger (the author of The Time Traveler's Wife)

I am hoping... that we are able to see open and shut doors as God's best work in our lives.

On my mind... is how so many of our neighbors in our subdivision do not take care of their yards or garden areas. They create these garden areas with shrubs and such and then don't weed them or take care of them and it looks so trashy. It's frustrating to live in such a nice neighborhood but see such trashy yards here and there.

From the learning rooms... we still haven't gotten back into doing our Summer Bridge pages. I swear I blank out every day about doing them. I think Dawson has put a hex on me. But I will say, we have really spent a lot of time together learning fun life things. I don't think my kids are lacking education this summer.

Noticing that ... there are frogs everywhere right now, and unfortunately for many of them they are squished on the road or dead in the driveway. We are having a frog epidemic.

From the kitchen... is a cleaned out fridge and freezer. I can't believe how much frozen fruit and puree'd vegetables I had stashed in there. I have some cooking I can do!

Around the house... our yard looks so good! It's freshly mowed and trimmed, there's new fescue grass growing from the seed I threw a couple of weeks ago, the gardens looks nice, Rick's landscaping is awesome. I love our yard and how it is coming together.

One of my favorite things... is the steady stream of hummingbirds that come to our feeder outside our kitchen window. They are so cool!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Another busy week! Today, Kyndal has an MRI. We are planning to go to Chick-fil-a for ice cream this evening because they are having a Mad Science show from 6-8 p.m. Tomorrow we are starting Dawson's school year a little early with a trip to Philbrook Museum. They have an Egyptian exhibit right now and that is the first unit in our World of Adventure study. At noon they are having a presentation of "Gods, Mummies and Mortals". Then we are going to Kyndal's follow up appointment for her MRI. On Thursday we'll make a trip to the library. On Friday we are planning to go to Big Splash because it's supposed to be hot and sunny. The older kids are going with their dad this weekend, so the rest of us will likely just take it easy. I'd love to go into An Affair of the Heart on Saturday morning, but we'll have to see about that.

From my picture journal.


Finally the sunflowers that flank both ends of my vegetable garden are blooming. Beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nicole!
    I am so excited about running. I've always admired running. I can't wait to feel like a runner. ;) How long have you been running?

    I love the sunflower. I'm so disappointed that our garden was flooded early on...we never replanted. ;( Oh well, I just picked more peaches today from our peach tree...yummy! I would love to see pictures of your yard, landscaping, and garden. It sounds beautiful.

    Oh, my boys would LOVE to make a Wipe Out contraption. They are hoping they will do one for kids someday.

    I hope everything turns out good for Kyndal today, and that she will be able to be pain free agian.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!