This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

We might not be able to move when we get up today, but we sure had fun!

Yesterday we went to our neighbor's birthday party at a skating rink in a neighboring town. Rick couldn't remember the last time he roller skated. The last time I did was when Dawson was in the 5th grade, which was when he last roller skated. Kyndal, who knows? And Eli and Brynne had never gone.


The little ones started out slow on the practice rink.




But before long they were getting the hang of it and headed out to the main rink, with help. Eli even skated without help!!

Dawson's girlfriend, Tess, went with us, as well as Kyndal's friend, Jenny.




Rick and I got to take a few spins around the rink without the little ones, but mostly we just helped them.

We were sweaty and sore and exhausted by the end of it!

Kyndal said that she wants to make this a weekly event. (However, she was regretting it quickly when her back started really hurting.) And I don't know if my old body can handle doing it weekly, but we are certainly going to do it again soon! Besides, where else can you have such muscle-wrenching fun for $4 a person??

1 comment:

  1. I went last year for a birthday party. It was the first time I had skated in 20 years or more. It was a lot of fun and great exercise. I said if I ever got bored I would go there to get in my exercise. Thanks for reminding me.

    Looks and sounds like everyone had fun. Any more news about Kyndal's back?

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!