This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... It is so stinkin' hot! In Oklahoma in July, the only way to stay cool is to stay inside! Even swimming fails to provide relief from the heat.

I am thinking... about how until we get a clear answer from God about any changes we should make in our lives, that we live full out and seek the joy in each day.

I am thankful ... for the encouragement I received from my mom in an e-mail this morning. I don't think we are ever too old to stop desiring encouragement from our mamas, and I doubt I provide enough to my kids.

I am wearing... black shorts, a red tank top and my running shoes.

I am planning... a day of playroom organization.
** Yuck ** !!!
Gotta do it, though, because it's time to get Dawson's school room set up in the back half of the playroom.

I am creating... my new bedroom bench. Stay tuned.

I am going... to have to start buying school supplies now. I made my list of what all four kids need to start school and it takes up the entire front side of a piece of paper. It's insane!

I am reading... Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger. Gotta get it done this week because I have another book waiting for me at the library and I can't wait to read it!

I am hoping... that we are successful in adjusting our attitudes to enjoy what God has given us, even when we think we want something different.

On my mind... is how Crusoe and I about got attacked by another set of dogs this morning on our run. This is the second time in a week. I wish that people would pay attention to their dogs instead of just sticking them in a fenced in back yard and assuming they are fine.

From the learning rooms... we are just trying to take opportunities that present themselves naturally and learn from them. Life lessons are the hardest to learn sometimes.

Noticing that ... instead of frogs we now have an overabundance of butterflies. They are everywhere right now, so many sizes and colors!

From the kitchen... I have a whole chicken waiting to be cooked in the crockpot today to be used in a couple of meals this week.

Around the house... organization projects are screaming to me!

One of my favorite things... is catching Rick doing something with one of the kids and seeing the pure joy on their faces. Like last night, I looked out in the backyard and Rick was pushing Brynne on her new swingset he built for her this week. She was beaming and giggling and looking at him with such love. It was a beautiful sight!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Today we were planning to go into a large library in Tulsa to view a special exhibit. But because of Kyndal's numerous doctor's appointments in Tulsa this week, we are putting that off for a couple of weeks. So instead I am going to work in the playroom all day getting the toys organized and put back in their proper tubs. Tomorrow Kyndal has a CT scan of her neck. On Thursday she has an orthodontist appointment (her last one before she gets her braces off!!!), and then she is going to eat dinner with one of her best friends who is turning 16. On Friday she has an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon to discuss all of her test results and determine our course of action for treatment. Dawson has plans to hang out with one of his friends this week, and the little kids will just be tagging along and trying to stay cool. Eli has been playing a new Playstation 2 game that has him designing mini golf courses and stuff. He beat the whole Mario Brothers Galazy 2 Wii game in about 3 week. Amazing! This weekend we will probably just do yard work, housework, grocery shop, etc.

From my picture journal.

One of the many butterflies in our yard this week.

2 comments:

  1. What a great picture!! You must have a great camera to be able to capture that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would rather have butterflies than frogs although I like frogs too. ;O) I love putting frozen chicken in a crockpot. It works out great. I'm going to need to use my crockpot a lot more soon!

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!