This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... It is a little overcast and considerably cooler than it has been.

I am thinking... about teenagers and their constant struggles and how best to guide them.

I am thankful ... that I have a relationship with my husband and kids where we can really talk about issues and work through them together.

I am wearing... green shorts, white sleeveless t-shirt and running shoes.

I am planning... for being away from the house for a few days.

I am creating... nothing the rest of this week, but I did create a tutu for Brynne this past weekend. Check back tomorrow for a tutu-torial.

I am going... to finish packing up, get the kids up, load the car and drive four hours to my parents', then go straight to their pool.

I am reading... The Pillars of the Earth, by Ken Follett. This is a 1000 page book, which would be the longest book I have ever read. (Kyndal said, "It's like reading the Bible ... seriously!") It's good, though!

I am hoping... that when I come back from being gone for three days that the house is clean and does not smell like puppies gone wild!

On my mind... is how fearful it is to have teenagers that are at an age where their decisions really do affect the rest of their lives potentially.

From the learning rooms... most of us are on hold. But, since Dawson is going to be here at the house these few days, he's to read a small book about Pearl Harbor and watch the movie.

Noticing that ... just when you think you have settled something in your mind and heart, an alternative is thrown your way making you question things all over again.

From the kitchen... guy foods, which means frozen or cereal.

Around the house... it is relatively clean. Will it stay that way while I am gone???

One of my favorite things... is sleeping in on Saturdays and Sundays. Sometimes I even make it until 9:00 a.m.!

A few plans for the rest of the week... The girls and I (and now Eli) are leaving in a bit to drive to Missouri for a few days. Tomorrow night we are going to the Justin Bieber concert in Kansas City. We're coming home on Thursday and, hopefully, just hanging out the rest of the weekend.

From my picture journal.


Sometimes they still like each other. Of course after an incident last night, I don't think it will be today. You gotta capture these fleeting moments when they happen!

1 comment:

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!