This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Friday, August 20, 2010

Rick Rocks ~ A Letter to my Husband


Dear Rick ~

I just wanted to take a moment and tell you what a great husband and father I think you are.

I know that right now you are experiencing extreme frustrations at work, and it doesn't look as though it is going to get any better any time soon. For some men this might not be a big deal. But, for you, I know that it is. That is one of the reasons why I love you ... because of your integrity and work ethic! I just wish your company appreciated those traits in you, as well!

I appreciate, so much, that you are working hard not to bring your work frustrations home with you. I know that it is not easy. Thank you. It is our desire to have all of you when you are here. But on the same token, I want you to feel like you can vent to me whenever you need to. You can't hold it all inside and I desire to be the friend to you that you need. Who knows, I might even have some helpful insight.

Dawson and I have been reading the story of Joseph. It was 13 years between the time that Joseph was sold into slavery by his brothers and when he was appointed over all the land of Egypt. During that time God was stripping him of all his pride, teaching him patience and building his character for the insanely big job he would have in the future. I pray that your time of hardship is not 13 years! But, hopefully you can look at the story of Joseph and gain some hope and encouragement.

I truly believe God is using this time to build you up for something important he has planned for you.

But, in the meantime, you are doing something so important! You are committed to being a wonderful husband and amazing father. These are important tasks and we need you in these areas! Don't forget that!

I love you, babe! I love our life and I thank you for working so hard so that I can do the things that are important to me.

Things are so crazy right now with school starting and the new schedules, etc. I promise to continue to work hard to make you a priority in my day when so many others and things are tugging at me.

I love you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!