This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Menu Plan Monday ~ Let's Talk Turkey

I love a good 'ol turkey sandwich, just like the next guy. But, man, I get tired of eating them every day for lunch! I'd really like to eat a couple of frozen burritos or something equally as fattening. But, I'd rather not be a pudge either.

So, I try to come up with some variety in my lunch time routine. If I don't, I get bored and graze.

Today I want to share with you one of my favorite lunch time meals ... and it does involve turkey.



Turkey burgers

I purchase one pound of Honeysuckle 93/7 ground turkey. I add some onion powder and garlic salt and pepper, make into four patties and cook in a skillet with some olive oil spray. I eat one at that setting and freeze the other three for easy lunches later on.

When ready to eat I defrost and then slice the burgers in half so they are thin and then microwave until heated through. I eat them on an Oroweat whole wheat sandwich thin and add whatever toppings I have on hand.

On this particular day I used Spicy Mayo, a slice of smoked swiss cheese, sliced fresh tomatoes from my garden and some lettuce.

It's a fairly low point lunch, that's not too boring, and is filling!!!

In the next couple of weeks I'll be sharing some of my other favorite lunches.


Now on to this week's menu:

Monday ~ Baked chicken with mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, smoked swiss cheese and pasta (didn't get to this last week)

Tuesday ~ Burritos

Wednesday ~ Daddy FFY, the kids and I are going on a mini-vacation

Thursday ~ Daddy leftover burritos, we'll be coming home late that evening

Friday ~ Spaghetti bake and french bread

Saturday ~ Paninis with grilled cheese for kids, homemade pasta salad (my sister and niece will be here)

Sunday ~ Chicken sticks and ramen for Rick and the little kids, me and the big kids will be shopping with my sis and niece so eating out

** A side note ... today I am starting "23 points in 23 days", inspired by Elizabeth. This morning I hit my "max" in weight where I want to be. I've been eating like a crazy person lately and have put on about 5 pounds. Feeling like a chunky monkey makes me grouchy! So, I'm going to get back on my old friend Weight Watchers and shoot for 23 points a day for the next 23 days to try to lose about 4-5 pounds. That will get me through the end of August. This is going to be difficult because we'll be doing our mini-vacation next week. But I can do it with my available flex points.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!