This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Friday, August 6, 2010

Rick Rocks ~ Because For a Full Year He Has Given Me A Different Reason Every Week to Think He Rocks!

I realized a week or so ago that for a full year I have been doing Rick Rocks posts. I haven't missed a week! Rick has given me at least one reason a week to think that he is awesome. If you are married (or at least have been for more than a month or two) then you know that because of the natural seasons of life, there are some weeks that you have to dig deep to find one thing nice to say about your spouse.

I can honestly say that I haven't had to do that. Something has happened each and every week to make me realize what a great husband Rick is. And we've had some rough times this past year. What that tells me, and what that should tell you, is that even in the midst of difficulties there are ways that your spouse is great. Honor that!

I had a post lined up this week already, based on something Rick did for us this past weekend. I took pictures and everything. But then this week I found myself noticing many small things he did that made me smile. So the other post will wait for another week.

* The other night I had intended to unload the dishwasher before bed and reload it with dinner dishes. The dishes were still hot from the steam so I opened up the dishwasher and pulled out the racks so they could cool. I fizzled out and went to bed. I planned to do them in the morning. When Rick got home late from playing golf I heard him in there rattling the dishes. He saw the open dishwasher and did it all for me. Rick Rocks!

* While I was filling out school registration forms for Eli and Brynne yesterday, I got to the part that says, "Is there a custody order regarding this child?" How great it is to say, "NO". That may sound strange, but when I fill out forms for Kyndal and Dawson I have to say, "yes" and continue answering the other questions. I always hate it that we have different last names and I have to fill out different addresses and phone numbers for their dad. Even in the midst of our difficulties in our marriage, we've worked together and haven't given up. I've done my part, but Rick has done his too. Yesterday I thought about how happy I am that in the midst of crumbling families and astronomical divorce statistics that our children have their parents in the same home. Rick Rocks!

* Rick continues to get up every day and go to a job that he absolutely hates. He is unfulfilled, bored and feels trapped. But instead of just storming out in frustration, he goes every day and tries to make the best of it. Other doors aren't opening so he's trying to just be grateful for the job he does have. I know how difficult of a time he has being even slightly grateful. If it was just him, he'd quit in an instant. But, he takes care of us. Rick Rocks!

* On that same note, the upheavel has us in constant flux about what our future holds ... maybe we should move, maybe we shouldn't. And it goes back and forth constantly. Last night he came home and said that he wants me to assume that we are staying. He wants me to not feel in limbo all the time, especially when it comes to the kids. He wants me to live life to the fullest and not worry about the future. He said he would let me know if he gets an opportunity that we should seriously consider. Until then I'm to assume we will be here forever. I always try to make the best of our situation, especially when it comes to the kids. It's nice to have a husband who can recognize that something might be a struggle for me and to do things to try to east the stress. This is especially important because it causes him to take on the full blow of the stress himself. Rick Rocks!

* On my birthday, when I was feeling a little less than thought of or loved, Rick did lots of little things to make it special. He was so sweet the night before when he walked in from running errands with several bags. He pulled out a bouquet of flowers. Then he pulled out my special donuts for the next morning. Then he pulled out a little chocolate cake. Then he pulled out chips and salsa and beer for us to enjoy together. It's the little things that make life so special. Rick Rocks!

* Tomorrow Rick is taking us all roller skating to celebrate Brynne's birthday that is on Sunday. And, he's excited to go! Rick Rocks!



A full year of Rick Rocks posts. I think I'll go for two. Keep the good stuff comin' honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!