This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Putting ME in my Day

Well, at first I didn't think I had a thing to talk about today. And, really, I don't. My life right now consists of kids, kids, kids and more kids. Between school, school at home, life after school, a birthday party this weekend with three more coming up, and holidays bursting onto the scene, there's not much time for me.

And I'm not complaining. It's a season, sisters! And I know this because I have an almost 16 year old. It's gone in the blink of an eye.

Anyway, how do I keep MYSELF in my life during busy seasons like this that require giving so much of myself to others? Here are my thoughts.

1. Gotta get up early and exercise. Getting up early stinks, but it is "me" time that I desperately need. It keeps my joints lubricated, keeps me toned and gives me a much-needed energy boost. Then I'm ready for the day.

2. I don't have the time in my day to actually go to a Bible study right now. I have chosen, instead, to do a book club with Marla Taviano, reading the book Radical by David Platt.

3. Getting the kids to bed by 8:30 p.m. so I can spend some time with Rick. Spending time with him is difficult. Remember the "kids, kids, kids and more kids" issue? But it is so important! Our summer has left us neglecting our date nights. These will move back up the list in being a priority! We need those times together.

4. Trying to fit in some alone time every day, even if it's just giving Dawson an assignment and running downstairs to do some blogging or taking a 20 minute power nap late in the afternoon before the other kids get home.

5. Drinking lots of water, taking my vitamins, eating healthy, getting proper sleep. These things make a world of difference to me in that I know I am taking care of myself.

6. An occasional night away. I've been invited to be an accountability scrapbooking partner for a buddy. Getting out one afternoon and evening a week to create memories for my family will likely recharge me.

7. My new one ... making Sunday a day of rest and doing exactly that! ... not getting out of my pjs, laying on the couch, catching up on DVR'd shows, reading, napping, just sitting with my family.

For now, this is the best I can do to maintain ME.

Now my "star student" is coming down the stairs throwing his nerf bullets onto the stair bannister, which tells me he's done with his writing assignment. So, gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!