Before I get onto this week's menu, I have to share a recipe for a homemade Calzone I came up with this weekend. It was so yummy! I sure wish I would have taken a picture for you. Maybe next time.
Can of refrigerated Pillsbury pizza crust
Pizza or spaghetti sauce
Shredded cheese of your choice
Pizza toppings of your choice
Grated parmesan cheese
1. Unroll the pizza crust and cut it in half.
2. Using your fingertips, spread it out to desired thickness.
3. Spread some sauce on it (we did ours very light).
4. Add your cheese and toppings. (On all I used shredded Italian cheese and shredded parmesan cheese. I made cheese ones, on one I added pepperoni, and on another I added chopped peppers, onions and mushrooms to the cheese.)
5. Fold it over in half and seal the edges. (I actually pressed the edges and then folded them back a tad and pressed the edges again.)
6. Use a fork and press all around the edges.
7. Spread butter or margarine on top and sprinkle on garlic salt and grated parmesan cheese.
8. Cut small slits in top for steam to escape.
9. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
These were SO GOOD!! I actually used two full tubes of pizza crust that made four Calzones. It fed Rick, me, Eli, Brynne, Dawson and Tess, easily.
We will definitely be having these again soon!
Now here's what we're having for dinner this week:
Monday ~ Fend for Yourself (I'll be driving to pick Kyndal up from Missouri)
Tuesday ~ Baked chicken with mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes and smoked swiss and pasta
Wednesday ~ Chicken tacos
Thursday ~ Spaghetti and breadsticks
Friday ~ Ham and swiss stromboli
Saturday ~ "Subway" at home
Sunday ~ Brynne's birthday request ... hot dogs, macaroni and cheese and chips with cake and cupcakes for dessert