This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Menu Plan Monday ~ Another Easy Meal Idea

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago about how I get oh-so-tired of the turkey sandwich and like to shake things up a tad bit at lunch time (my favorite meal). But, I want to keep it simple and healthy and as low-fat as possible.

My last meal I talked about was the turkey burger. And for being oh-so-tired of turkey, this one involves turkey, too. But, they are both 'with a twist'!

Turkey Panini and Easy Homemade Pasta Salad


For the turkey panini, you use the bread of your choice (this time it was rye). Spray each side with spray butter. Load up with sliced turkey, fresh sliced mushrooms, sliced red onions, fresh spinach. Then top with other slice of butter-sprayed bread. Grill on George Foreman (or in my case a Sunbeam knockoff) grill. You can add cheese, use ham instead of turkey, substitute other veggies ... whatever fits your taste buds. I just love this variety!! So yummy!

For the pasta salad, cook garden rotini noodles. Rinse with cold water until they are cooled off. Add fresh sliced tomatoes and sliced black olives (other veggies if you want them). Add about a half of a cup of shredded parmesan cheese. Then add enough Fat Free Italian dressing to taste. I don't like mine too tangy, so I just add about a half a cup or so.

And there you have it.

We had this for dinner on Friday night. Here is Rick enjoying his!


Now on to this week's menu ...

Monday ~ Rick's favorite Goulash

Tuesday ~ Subway at home (haven't gotten to this the past two weeks)

Wednesday ~ FFY

Thursday ~ Sirloin and veggie kabobs with rice (Sirloin was on sale this week. This is a rarity for us!)

Friday ~ Meatball subs

Saturday ~ Mexican pizzas

Sunday ~ Easy chicken parmesan and spaghetti noodles

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Your turkey panini sounds yummy. I never think of different sandwiches to make. What is funny is you mentioned sub sandwiches at home. I am actually doing this for dinner tonight. We have never done this. Going to buy a couple different types of bread. I already have the lunch meat, just need to buy some different cheese's & some veggies. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!