This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... it is overcast and cold. I, like so many, am so ready for spring weather and sunshine!

I am thinking... about how last year was one of the worst years of my life, but how at peace and excited I am about my life now.

I am thankful ... for good and serious conversations with the ones I love. I've had those with Rick, Kyndal and Dawson this week. It makes me feel so much closer to them.

I am wearing... black jogging pants, a white long-sleeved t-shirt layered with my "Queen Mom" t-shirt, black and silver tennis shoes.

I am remembering... my friend today who is pregnant with her fourth child, but having extreme marital difficulties and feeling desperate and sad.

I am creating... ideas, curriculum and scheduling for homeschooling Dawson next year.

I am going... to complete a long list of household chores today, despite the fact that this virus has cycled around again and I feel cruddy.

I am reading... The first of my new Kristin Hannah books, True Colors. I forget how much I love her as an author until I struggle through other books and then pick up one of hers and get immersed in moments.

I am hoping... that Dawson's sprained ankle gets better soon, so he can get off his crutches and get back to exploring with his buddy Crusoe.

On my mind... is how difficult the last four months have been financially with no child support, but how God has still taken care of all of our necessities (as I knew he would). It will still be nice to get regular support payments coming back in, now that my ex has a job again, and to get some back support paid so I can get the kids some new, much-needed clothes.

From the learning rooms... the little guys are studying about Dr. Suess this week, so having dress up days and special activities. And, it's so strange to me that my definition of "the learning rooms" will be changing so dramatically over the next six months.

Pondering these words ... all the insightful things Brynne says, like, "Look, Chloe's poopy almost looks like a pretzel." And while she was eating her breakfast this morning, "Oooh, my feet smell yucky." (and they did because she had them in her slippers that were stinky because she wears them all the time. She has a nose like a hound dog.) She's just always yammering on, so funny, insightful things spill out constantly.

From the kitchen... we finally had that spinach turkey noodle bake (minus the spinach for the kids). It was so good. For the life of me I could not find the recipe I had planned to use, so I made one up. I even had to make homemade cream of mushroom soup because I didn't have any. I can't wait to eat the leftovers for lunch.

Around the house... is power cleaning and organizing I need to do for another showing of our house tomorrow morning.

One of my favorite things... is (dad, skip to the next paragraph now, please) ... sexting my husband when he is on a business trip. It makes for exciting reunions!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Rick is on a business trip some of this week again, so things are going to be pretty quiet for a few days. It's also extra quiet now that I don't babysit the twins anymore. I have every afternoon to myself. I have been taking power naps every afternoon and they sure are nice! I am having lunch with my friend Shelley on Thursday, and I am really looking forward to catching up with her. Then on Friday and Saturday I am volunteering at one of the product tables for the Extraordinary Women conference in Tulsa. I signed up to work at Lysa TerKeurst's table, and I hope I get to do that. I would love to get to meet her. This is something I just did on a whim, and am excited because I get to go worship God in an environment where I don't know anyone going into it! I may run into women I know. But, I am excited to get to know some new women and just serve God without expectation from anyone I know. Jeremy Camp and Mandisa are leading worship ... awesome! Then on Sunday I am going to catch back up with my family.

From my picture journal.

Sisters. So different ... and so special in her own way.

Get to know other special women at The Simple Woman's Daybook.


1 comment:

  1. Hope your son gets to feeling better and I love that picture of your daughters. They are beautiful. Hawaii, I am sooo jealous. That is my dream vacation, that I hope we will get to take for one of our annivarsary's.

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!