This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My Green Brother

I don't post much about my extended family members. Honestly, I'm not sure why.

My parents live in the town where I grew up in Missouri, and have been married for over 40 years. My dad owns his own company and my mom is semi-retired. I have a sister, Kristen, who is four years younger than me and she is a hair dresser in Kansas. She is married to a Kansas City police office and has a daughter, Rylee, who is 12.

My brother, Tim, is eight years younger than me. He is married to his high school sweetheart, Shawna (who is a special education teacher with an emphasis on blind education), and they live in Portland, Oregon. Tim works for a non-profit organization that helps in the development of existing neighborhoods. As I have mentioned in previous posts, the green living that goes on in Portland is so impressive and intriguing and I wish we had more of that kind of mindset here in the Midwest.

This past week my brother was on a news story in Portland speaking about solar panels for homes. I thought you might enjoy seeing what I would look like if I was a boy.

I am very proud of the work that Tim and Shawna do on the West Coast. They have definite ideals and aren't afraid to fight for them. Tim is featured in the middle of the news story. He's not the first guy interviewed, although it's been so long since I have seen him that at first glance I thought it was him for a second.

Enjoy!

Click here to view. (To hear the story you'll have to scroll down to my Playlist and pause it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!