This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Vacay Day 8 ~ Denver Aiport Holiday Inn Express

Yes, I know I've skipped a few days. But did you know that they don't have Wi-Fi once you hit Yellowstone??? I was appalled! No cell phone or internet service for 5 days!!!

I will update you on each of the days I have skipped, I'm honestly just too tired right now!

I feel like this little Holiday Inn is a 5-star hotel compared to the week of camping in a pop-up camper with all of our kids with no services (which means no electricity or water or furnace, for those of you who have never camped!) We were blessed to have a bathroom right across from our campsite both in Yellowstone and the Tetons. And I gladly paid $15.00 for us to take a shower. We only had the luxury of two of them in those 5 nights (stinky, yes, I know!) Have I told you that it gets down to about 35 degrees at night, and that's pretty darn cold when you're sleeping in a soft-side pop-up camper?? And did I forget to mention that we had no furnace? We did have a portable propane heater, but by morning you could still see our breath. 

The bath I just took in this Holiday Inn felt like a spa treatment. And I guarantee that this bed will feel as though I am sleeping on clouds!! As a family, we have never smelled so good!

To hear all of that you would think that we had a bad vacation, huh? Oh my goodness! That couldn't be further from the truth! Yes, we had typical family drama. (Again, did I mention that we were in a pop-up camper with all of our children for 8 nights, and in a car with them for between 50-60 hours total?) Yes, we had detours. You can read about that in my previous posts. But most importantly we saw God's creation at its finest! I will post about each day, including photos, once we get back to Oklahoma. We're planning to leave here at about 7 a.m. tomorrow for our final 10 or so hours in the car.

Come back and hear about our fabulous vacation!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh girl! You know I'm a stalker - I was wondering why you hadn't blogged. $15 for a shower?! OMG!

    I can not wait to hear about every single day and aspect of this trip.

    We are taking a camping trip either in August or October. By Camping trip I mean two nights girlie, two nights! But I am sure that will be an adventure in itself with two small boys!

    I'm so anxious to see these pictures and hear all your stories, and I want to go ahead and bet right now that there are some hilarious stories involving Kyndal! :) I can not wait!!!!

    Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you've enjoyed your trip. I'm sure everyone is tired & ready to be home but it sounds like your family has a lot of great memories to cherish. I'm looking forward to reading about them.
    ~Keri Cochran

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHEW, I just finished all of the above posts from your vaca. Looks like yall had a great time. I love how you did all the pictures and daily recaps like that. Fun Fun Fun. I'm going to email you in a bit, I've got some things to ask you.
    I love your blog by the way, have I told you that lately? It's really my favorite one! You are so REAL and HONEST!!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!