This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today  ~  July 29, 2009

Outside my window... it's cloudy and appears that it's going to rain AND we're having unseasonably cooler temps (yea!!!).

I am thinking... about balance and priorities.

I am thankful ...  for brighter days.

From the learning rooms... we are learning about honoring your mother and father. And that doesn't just mean children under the age of 18. At our Family Team Meeting we discussed Ephesians 6:1-3 and are each answering questions to a small study of it before our next meeting next Sunday.

From the kitchen... we are having some yummy dinners this week, and I made a double batch of laundry detergent (which will last me 6 months at a cost of about $2.50) and fabric softener.

I am wearing... my p.j.'s.

I am creating... plans for Brynne's birthday party.

I am praying ... for my mother-in-law and ease of her cancer treatments.

I am going... to enjoy the last 3 1/2 weeks of summer we have left, which includes doing some fun things but having the right balance of relaxation.

I am reading... "Broken Children, Grownup Pain" by Paul Hegstrom, PhD, and "No One You Know" by Michelle Richmond

I am hoping... that we have a relaxing but enjoyable remainder of our summer and that school is an easy transition for all 4 of the kiddos.

I am hearing... "Mickey Mouse" on the television, Brynne crunching Doritos (for breakfast) and my coffee pot hissing as it finishes its cycle.

Around the house... I have plenty to do, but no real stress to do it. Laundry will get finished and put away today, but does a super clean and picked up house really matter?

One of my favorite things... (and I've said this before) is reality television. Yes, I'm a junkie of sorts. And I am so glad my favorite was finally chosen on the Bachelorette and that she didn't choose the obvious loser (although this time I don't really think there was an obvious loser)!!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Yesterday we went and saw a free showing of "Hotel for Dogs" at the Riverwalk theatre (cute movie!!) then went to Steph's to swim. Today I am taking Kyndal to get a passport because she is going on a cruise with my mom and sister in November. Then we might go to the big playround. On Friday night we are going to the Driller's baseball game for our Family Fun Night. Saturday is my birthday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing..


Such a sign of the times. First Brynne was just laying in her floor listening to her portable dvd player. (Believe me, it would be an ipod or mp3 player if she could convince us to buy her little three year old self one.) Then Kyndal joined in. Notice they each have an earplug in and Kyndal is texting at the same time.

Get to know other Daybookers at the Simple Woman's Daybook.


3 comments:

  1. Hope these little gals never lose the connection they seem to have. It's precious!

    Ozarks Pal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds nice, peaceful and bonding around the Taulman- Shur home :)

    Enjoy these last few weeks of summer....I am SOO missing my kids but like you, in this season, we must trust and learn all that God has for us right now.

    LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your Daybook! Do you share your laundry detergent recipe?

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!