This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Party Potatoes


I had three requests today for my Party Potato recipe.  This comes from a family cookbook and is a family favorite. Kyndal was supposed to get her bottom braces on today, so requested a big batch to eat over the next few days while her mouth was sore.  She ended up not getting them, just getting another procedure done, but still took them to her friend's house after school for them to enjoy.  (Her friend Courtney got her braces yesterday.)

This also gave me the opportunity to use my travel Pyrex dish that my mom got me for Christmas.  I have been wanting one for years, and have borrowed Steph's more times than she would like to count.



Party Potatoes

Boil 3 c. water, 2 tsp. salt, stick margarine.
Take off burner and stir in 4 c. potato flakes (boxed instant potatoes).
Add 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese and 16 oz. container sour cream.
(the recipe calls for 12 oz. cream cheese and 1 1/2 c. sour cream, so you can do whichever).
Then add two c. milk and stir until smooth.
Pour into 9x13 baking dish and bake at 350* for 25 mins.

This is the yummiest side to take to a potluck, especially around the holidays.

2 comments:

  1. I love party potatoes. Thanks for sharing your version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like it would be wonderful for a potluck. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!