This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Favorite Things Swap ~ It Arrived !!


This week I received my package from Lynn ~ my swap partner in Mamarazzi's Favorite Things Swap.  This was so fun and I totally intend to get involved next time.  Being a mom, it doesn't happen very often that I get something special just for me!  So, when I pulled into the driveway and saw my package waiting at the front door, I couldn't hardly wait to tear into it!!!

This is what I found inside:



And here is the sweet note from Lynn:



One of the greatest things about this swap was having an opportunity to make a new friend. Here are the sweet things Lynn sent.  They are her favorite things, but she didn't know how significant some of them would be:


Lynn said that "this is the one favorite that defines me and means the most to me.  His music ... helped me through one of the toughest times in my life."  What Lynn doesn't know is that my husband will be fighting me for this cd!!


Notecards, a magnetic list pad, colored markers and pens.  Lynn said "I'm a list maker ..."  Yes, sister, so am I!!  And I love to be able to send real notes and postcards to friends and never seem to have enough handy.


Yum ... a Mr. Goodbar, Lynn's favorite candy bar.  I got a couple of squares, and the kids got the rest.  (what is up with my picture posting that it keeps turning the pictures the wrong way???)


Lynn's favorite author is John Grisham.  What she doesn't know is that I used to be an attorney, and I love John Grisham books.  I haven't read them lately, but I totally intend to!!  One of her favorite passages is "Footprints in the Sand".  Mine too, Lynn.


Lynn is an amazing photographer.  Go check out some of her photos here.  She took this photo of Multnomah Falls in Oregon.  It seriously looks like a postcard.  My photo of it does not do it justice!  What Lynn didn't know is that my brother lives in Oregon, so this will hold special meaning for me.


Lynn's favorite candles are Yankee candles.  (Good thing, because I sent her some, too!!)  She sent me two of the candle tarts and a beautiful burner.  I have gone through three tea lights burning the Vanilla Carmel .. yum!!!


This swap was really fun!  I loved the things I sent to Lynn.  I hope she enjoyed them half as much as me.  In fact, I almost bought double of everything, boxed it up, and gave it to my husband to mail to me.  I think I might do that next time!!  Lynn, thanks for the new friendship. And, oh, wear the earrings with those t-shirts!  You'll look awesome!


9 comments:

  1. Your swap box was filled with great goodies. I bet you will enjoy them all. I am a list maker too..but I lose my list. Ha
    Vanilla Carmel..wow that sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those Yankee simmer pot candle tarts...looks like a great loot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....looks like some awesome swap gifts, lucky you

    ReplyDelete
  4. good good treats! love a good swap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mamarazzi is the best at matching up partners who are compatible! What great treats you got and so fun that they are things you love too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Make sure to let me know next time a swap is going on. I wanted so bad to get in on this one but, by the time I read your post it was closed! Looks like you got some great gifts!! Hope kiddos are all better!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ditto to tamara...let me know when the next swap is happenin okiedokie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you used to be an attorney?
    wow, I am totally impressed.

    And Grisham - love his books - DH and I listen to him on most every car trip longer than 10 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this all looks amazing! lucky you!

    I am so slow in getting around to everyone who participated in the swap but I just wanted to make sure THANK you for playing and for sending such a fantastic package to your partner. I know she really appreciated it.

    My next swap is set for April and I will announce it soon, keep and eye out for it if you want to play again…they fill up FAST!! In the meantime come by and enter my latest giveaway…very fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!