This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Monday, October 6, 2008

What a Week!

Wow! What a week! The Just Between Friends (JBF) sale was awesome, but exhausting! I think we had a great sale, although since this is my first time to actually work at it full-time I don't really have anything to compare it to. I think we sold a lot, but we had SO MUCH! Sorting was a nightmare, and a little irritating! So many consignors requested to pick up their remaining items and then didn't show to get them. So, we spent all that time sorting to just end up stuffing them into garbage bags. They were donated to Standing in the Gap, which is a huge blessing, but I just wish we wouldn't have had to sort it all into specific consignor numbers before we donated. HUGE waste of time! Working for Donna was great, and I have had some ideas swirling in my head since the sale that I hope will help us in the future. We're all just too tired to discuss those ideas right not. We thankfully have several months until the next sale, so plenty of time.

Rick was so great during the week, really helping me out and making it easy to be away. But, by Saturday morning I think everyone had had enough of me being away. Friday night Dawson was crying and Saturday morning Eli was. They were SO happy when I didn't have to "go to work" on Sunday. I feel so incredibly blessed, and I know they do too, that I don't have to work full time all the time. I felt such sadness at leaving them just for this week, I am so glad I don't have to do it all the time. I know that me not having income puts a strain on our finances, so I am so thankful that Rick loves our family enough to take on that burden completely by himself and allow me to take care of the needs of our family at home.

I was so glad to be home yesterday! We even skipped church .. something we NEVER do! I was just too exhausted, and the little guys just wanted to be with me. I didn't want to leave them in Sunday school for 3 hours. So I got caught up on my housework and it felt GREAT! I got all of my laundry caught up .. including folded and put away! We finally got our clean socks out of the laundry baskets, sorted and put away. I vacuumed, swept and mopped the floors and cleaned the kitchen. I got caught up on all of my DVR'd shows! I feel a sense of completion! Today it feels so great to have all of that done! It's raining so we have nowhere to go and I am loving that! I don't care if I don't leave the house at all this week other than to run kids where they need to go. The week revs back up at the end with trips to the pumpkin patch and Dawson's birthday party on Friday. Hopefully by then I'll be ready to leave the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!