This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Interruptions

Today's posting is not about something cute one of the kids did. It's one of those "deep" and "inspirational" posts. I follow a blog called GirlTalk that is the ramblings of four Christian women. Yesterday's post was about the frustrations of interruptions in your day. You know me, as I sat yesterday with WAY more things on my To Do List than humanly possible .. it really caught my attention. It said that on days like that we should pause and consider three things: 1. What would my husband want done most out of the list of things I have to do? 2. What needs do my kids have today (not wants, but needs?) 3. Remember that only God completes his To Do List everyday in the perfect timing. I am prideful to think that I can too. I guess what really caught me was looking at your husband's perspective FIRST! How often do we do for our kids, for ourselves, for others, and our husbands are left on the back burner. If your husband could really care less that the whole house is dusted, but it really means a lot to him that when he gets home the house is calm and relaxed, then work on those things to make that happen instead of neglecting those things to get the dusting done that nobody cares about anyway. Now, this is not to say that you should neglect the things you have to do for the day. For instance, at some point this weekend I have to tag my items for JBF. Something might have to give in order for that to happen. I'm simply out of time. But, I think Rick would want me to get that done. He's not selfish or insensitive. He knows I have things that are important to me, too. And sometimes that's what he wants most. Just a thought to consider.

Tonight we are going to see the movie Fireproof and going out to dinner with Matt and Steph. We are really looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!