This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... the fence guys are putting up our fence in the backyard! Yay for the doggies! (Oh, and it's stinkin' hot!)

I am thinking... about the situation with our neighbors and whether I should address it or leave it alone. I'm still undecided.

I am thankful ... that I get the privilege of staying home with my children, especially when summer arrives.

I am wearing... gray sweat shorts, my Scrap Pink (scrapbooking for breast cancer) t-shirt and pink flip flops.

I am wondering... why grown women (and their husbands for that matter) can be so nasty and mean to someone they don't even know.

I am creating... an organized house and clean house so that I come home to one after our vacation.

I am going... to take the little kids to the library in a while to sign up for the Summer Reading program. Then I'm going to try to read some of my book this afternoon while doing some housework.

I am reading... The Last Promise by Richard Paul Evans.

I am hoping... that Buck is not getting the bacterial infection that Quincy had. He has started having some of the symptoms. That stresses me out with us leaving for vacation in a few days!

On my mind... is our cruise and hardly anything else! I can't wait to spend some one-on-one time with Rick!

From the learning rooms... a few days' break before our Summer Bridge books get here and we start doing a page a day, along with reading. I am really hoping to keep my kids' brains running a little bit this summer.

Noticing that ... I am so fulfilled and content and happy. And it's because my life is simple.

From the kitchen... I am making double batches of meals this week to freeze for us to eat when we get home from our vacation. We're also trying to really suck it up this week so that we can feel free to gorge ourselves on our vacation. Oh, the food that awaits!

Around the house... are packed suitcases. We are mostly packed and ready to go.

One of my favorite things... is watching the birds use our home for their sustenance. We have a mama bird in her nest under our back porch. The birds routinely fly in to eat the birdseed in our little birdhouses and to drink out of our birdbath. And the hummingbirds are certainly enjoying their feeder! I love to watch them and know we are providing for them.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Today and tomorrow will be filled with final preparations for our trip (cleaning house, getting things organized, etc.). On Thursday afternoon the kids and I are leaving to go to my parents' in Missouri. My brother and sister-in-law will be flying in from Portland, Oregon, and we haven't seen them in a long time so we are really looking forward to that! My niece also has a softball game, so we're going to go watch that. On Friday I'm getting my hair done and then late that night Rick is joining us at my parents' (after one last round of golf before we leave!) Then he and I are getting up at about 2:00 a.m. to get ready, load up and drive to Kansas City to the airport. Our flight is at 6:00 a.m. We'll fly all day and get to Honolulu at 11:30 a.m. Hawaii time. Then it's cruisin' time! I can't wait!!!!

From my picture journal.


A summer rite of passage .. playing in the sprinkler.

Get to know other special women at The Simple Woman's Daybook. (Not that I'm "special", but you get the point.)


4 comments:

  1. Almost time for your wonderful adventure. I know you will have a great time. I am sooo jealous. LOL.
    I will still be around reading my favorite blogs in the mornings with my coffee, I just won't be writing much on mine, not that I did much anyway. I can't wait to see all your beautiful pics when you get back. Hope you have a safe, fun, & rested vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful time on your trip. Sounds great.
    I will be around, reading my favorite blogs (with my morning coffee), I just won't be posting much (not that I did anyway).
    Be safe & have a fun & relaxing trip. Can't wait to see the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are special girl! Yay, I hope you and Rick have a relaxing, fun, renewing cruise! So excited for you all, and I can't wait to hear all about it. ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a blast! Cannot wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!