This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


In Redbook magazine, the cover person (usually a celebrity) fills in the blank on a white t-shirt that says, "I love my ________ life." I've often thought about what I would write in that blank.

This week in Beth Moore's online Bible study of the book of Ruth, her small group question was to describe your life, as it is right now, in one word. (I'm not doing the study ... wish I was ... but I do follow her blog.) Again that got me thinking about what my life is like.

For me the word would be STRUCTURED. I love my structured life!

I know that some people don't operate well under it, and that it may even push my family to the point of insanity at times. But, honestly, I catch myself smiling when I am doing those every day mundane structured life kinds of things. I can't help it. It's what makes me tick. (Now, it can get to a point of going overboard, and I have worked hard over the past year to work on keeping it within balance.)

Ten years ago, this coming December, I quit work to stay home full time and take care of my family. Because of that, and the loss of my income, some dramatic changes had to be made. And, of course, I started in the area of groceries. That month I started using a separate calendar to plan our meals. I remember Rick laughing at me because I had a meal calendar. Well, who's laughing now?? It has certainly been a lifesaver in helping me budget our grocery money and not waste food. (In fact, Rick creates my calendar for me and even has a designated spot on it for me to put our daily menu. He loves me. I love him.)

I say all this to say that after almost a decade of planning meals, I still love the structure of it and the sense of control it gives me. It makes me smile.

Here is our structured meal plan for this week ...

Monday ~ Easy parmesan chicken, homegrown tomato salad

Tuesday ~ Beef kabobs, veggies and rice, homegrown green beans

Wednesday ~ FFY

Thursday ~ Tacos

Friday ~ Hot ham and cheese sandwiches, salad and chips

Saturday ~ Chicken quesadillas

Sunday ~ Celebrating July 4th at a neighbor's pool party. Having barbeque, and I'm bringing party potatoes, blue cheese bites and lemonade pie.

Now, on to the question for you. Fill in the blank, "I love my ___________ life." Go on, leave me a one word comment with your word. Do it, come on, even if you're not a regular commenter! Come on, it will make me smile!

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you I love my structured life :)

    I'd love to know more about the online bible study too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, I think the word would have to be "optimistic". I love my optimistic life. I try every day to look at the bright side of things. Not always easy but I truly believe in the power of positive thinking. I really enjoy your blog--maybe in part because I am an attorney who took 12 years off when my kids were younger to be a stay at home mom. That time was such a blessing! Really loved hearing about your Hawaiian vacation--those posts were so much fun! Happy 4th to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!