This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Why I Love Weight Watchers

A few years ago, I was at my heaviest. I decided to do Weight Watchers. In a matter of about six weeks, I lost 13 pounds, that I have kept off since then.

I love the Weight Watchers system for so many reasons!

My weight fluctuates about five pounds pretty consistently. When I start to head to the top of my normal weight, I just get a little conscious about my points and soon I have lost those couple of unwanted pounds.

Anytime Rick and I go on vacation, especially if we are going to be in a bathing suit, we will hit Weight Watchers pretty hard the month or so before so that we can be looking our best. We are leaving for Hawaii in a month and a half, so it's that time again!

The thing that I love most about Weight Watchers (other than it works!) is that we can do it fairly easy without having to completely change the way we eat. And, the food we eat is so much healthier.

For instance, Rick loves Jalapeno Chicken Enchiladas. The main ingredients are chicken, flour tortillas, cream of chicken soup and sour cream. Most of those things are very fattening. So, by just modifying the recipe a tad, it's workable under the Weight Watchers system. I made these last night. I used our regular boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Then I bought the lowest point flour tortillas I could find, 98% fat free cream of chicken soup and fat free sour cream. It didn't take away from the taste at all.

On Rick and mine I just omitted the shredded cheddar cheese that you roll into the enchilada and just sprinkled some Kraft Free shredded cheddar on top instead.

All total each enchilada was about 6 points (mine were just 4 points each because I used whole wheat low carb tortillas).

When cooking your favorite meals it's just so easy to substitute fat free or low fat ingredients, stack up on the veggies, and still enjoy what you are eating. Sure beats eating something frozen out of a box!

And I try to work our points out so that we can eat a reasonably hefty dinner. For me, I'm only supposed to have about 21-22 points per day to lose weight. I try to have eaten no more than 10 points all day until dinner at night. At dinner I try to keep my points to about 8, then I can sneak in a bowl of cereal before I got to bed. So, for instance, last night I was able to have two enchiladas at dinner which completely filled me up. If I still would have been a little hungry, I could have eaten some carrots (0 points) or some yummy jalapeno dill pickle spears (0 points).

There are just so many things you can do and still not feel like you are dieting.

Plus, I love the way my fridge and pantry are stocked with lots of fruits, veggies and whole grains.

Well, I'm off to eat some lunch ... a low point lunch, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!