This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Friday, April 30, 2010

Rick Rocks ~ Because He Is Unfulfilled So I Can Be


Business is slow for Rick.

He's bored and stifled and it really starts to mess with him. He makes a really great salary, and any other man would just have the attitude that "Hey, I'll just come into the office, do absolutely nothing all day and make great money! Whatever!" But, that's not him.

He wants, he needs, to feel as though he is a part of something bigger. And it irritates him that the majority of the work force does not share in that passion. Most of the world is willing to sit back and do nothing and get paid for it.

There are things he could do, changes that he could make. But right now it might jeopardize our finances. So, he's sticking it out for now.

It makes me feel guilty sometimes. I get to be home every day doing what I want. I am doing what I was called to do, what I am passionate about. I get to take care of my family, volunteer at our school, tan, get my nails done, leisurely grocery shop, play with our puppies. There's not a lot of stress to my life, other than I am busy.

Rick is going to work every day, unfulfilled and bored, so that I can achieve my dream of being a stay-at-home wife and mom.

He's the kind of man who would rather me be happy than for himself to be. And I know that.

I don't want that for him and I desperately hope something changes soon for him so that he can experience the fulfillment I get to experience.

Until then, however, I want him to know how much I love and appreciate him for the sacrifices he makes for me and our family daily.

Rick Rocks ~ Because he's unfulfilled so I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!