This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today  ~  April 21, 2009

Outside my window... it's sunny then cloudy, sunny then cloudy, a little chilly, but supposed to warm up into the 80's this week!

I am thinking... about how I seriously have not known a time when God has been more deliberate about allowing those things we try to keep unseen, to be seen.  It's so obvious that He is calling us to come back to Him, and His ways, for each of us to listen and obey.  Come on folks, it has to be done or it will be done for us!

I am thankful for... my many, many blessings, those of which I have counted specifically this morning.  In the midst of so much pain and destruction, I want to be outwardly thankful for the good things in my life .. my husband, children, health, home, other family members and true friends.

From the learning rooms... we're just finishing up the year.  It's always hard when it starts to get nice outside.

From the kitchen... brownies are calling my name, but I shall resist!  New recipes will be tested this week.

I am wearing... a gray and white striped shirt, jeans and my black flats.

I am creating... preliminary lists and plans for Rick while I am in Portland visiting my brother and sister-in-law in a little over a week.  Rick and I are also creating a plan to open our home up for fellowship on Friday nights.

I am praying ... for so many right now that I feel like that's about all I do with my "free" time.  Specifically I am praying for my MIL who has been diagnosed with colon cancer.  Join me in praying for her complete healing.  

I am going... to have to boogie today to get all of my grocery shopping done because I am shopping for two weeks and I only have about an hour and fifteen minutes at two stores.

I am reading... 1 Samuel and the book of Psalms.

I am hoping... that Rick and I really listen to where God is calling us, and not let our emotions and feelings get in the way.

I am hearing... the hum of the fridge and "Ni Hao Kai-lan" on the television.

Around the house... weeds are attempting to attack, but the trees are green and new flowers are blooming!

One of my favorite things... is working out.  We joined the Y again this week and I am so sore I can barely move!!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Today is grocery day.  Then tonight we'll pile up to watch "The Biggest Loser".  I know that my week will continue to include encouraging friends who are going through extremely rough patches in their marriages.  Then on Friday we do truly hope to have some friends over for some fellowship time.  Hopefully this weekend it will remain nice so we can do some dirt work and sod laying.  I'd really like it to dry up so Rick can finish the play structure for the kids.  They really want to play on it!  Then on Sunday, we'll go worship!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

I haven't loaded any new pictures this week.  So, I just decided to post the last picture I downloaded to my computer.  And this was it.  Yum!  Easter dinner.  Ham, homemade mac and cheese and green bean casserole.  Gotta go .. I'm starving!!

For true simple women, visit The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!