This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

What a great day, despite the rain!

I got up super early this morning to make breakfast for my family.  Rick got up shortly after I did to hide eggs before the kids got up.  We had such a nice time, talking in the kitchen before all of the busyness began!  It was an excellent way to start the day!

The kids trickled out of bed and went to their Easter baskets.

Kyndal got a scarf and a Missouri Tigers poster.




Dawson got "Scout", a male green anole to mate with his female "Camo", and some darts for his nerf gun.




Eli got a radio controlled car and a Garfield shovel.




Brynne got the "Barbie and the Diamond Castle" dvd and a Garfield shovel.



Dawson, Eli and Brynne got a chocolate bunny and Kyndal got some Peeps.  And all the kids got an Easter container full of Hershey kisses.

After we were done with breakfast and baskets we got dressed up to go to church to worship the Lord and thank Him for His sacrifice!  "He is not here, he has risen ... !!!"




We came home after church and I made lunch.  While it was cooking the kids hunted Easter eggs.  Because of the rain, there were eggs hidden on the front and back porches for Eli and Brynne and in the garage for Kyndal and Dawson.






When they were done with eggs, Dawson took them out for his yearly smash-a-thon!!  Smelly!




I took a smidgen of a nap and then Rick took all of the kids to the movies, except for Eli.  Eli is not a movie-goer.  He was excited just to stay home with me.  Rick and Dawson went to see "The Knowing" and Kyndal and Brynne went to see "The Hannah Montana Movie".  I'm making dessert right now and Eli's playing his xbox.

I had the amazing opportunity to be reminded of the real meaning of our Lord's resurrection, so I am feeling so blessed this Easter!

Hope yours was meaningful as well!




2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! You have a beautiful family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, those are gorgeous pictures. Love the one at the end of you and Rick and REALLY LOVE the one of all 4 of yall.

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!