This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today  ~  April 14, 2009

Outside my window... it's sunny and warm!!!!!

I am thinking... about my sweet friend and how God has her right where she's supposed to be.

I am thankful for... the living and loving Word of God in my life, and a husband and friends to share it with.

From the learning rooms... that God has something working in the lives of this family and wants us to grasp it and move with it.

From the kitchen... the dishwasher needs to be unloaded, I need to make some tea, and it's about time for lunch.

I am wearing... jeans, a baseball style shirt with hearts on it, my brown moccasins.

I am creating... nothing .. yea!!

I am going... to take Kyndal to the ortho today to get her bottom braces put on.

I am reading... the end of my Esther Bible study and the book "So You Don't Want to Go to Church Anymore".

I am hoping... that God moves in a mighty way for those who need Him.  

I am hearing... Eli playing his xbox.  

Around the house... it's spring.

One of my favorite things... is just being at home.

A few plans for the rest of the week...  Today I am taking Kyndal to get her bottom braces put on.  On Thursday Rick's high school buddies are all getting together in Tulsa, but I don't think I'm going to go.  I'm scrapbooking on both Friday night and all afternoon and evening Saturday, so I want to spend Thursday home with the kids.  

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


While hunting Easter eggs at the park on Saturday, Dawson came across these duck eggs.  They appeared to have been abandoned.  Why would a mother leave her eggs?  Maybe they died.  And if they were truly dead, sitting on them was doing her no good.  She had to move on.  Or, maybe she was led astray and was killed, and she could no longer take care of them.  I don't want to be in either situation in my life.  I don't want my protector to leave me because I have died.  If I have died, it is by choice and He can't protect me if I am already dead.  And I don't want to be led astray to leave those I have been trusted to protect, in a vulnerable state.

For true simple women, visit The Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicole,
    I came across your blog by incident and I had to realize how much we have in common, I also am married and have four beautiful children, also of strong faith, love blogging and crafting...drinking tea and most of all my family is my life! I wat to congratulate you on your blog-it really touched my heart and I felt somehow connected. God bless you and your family, and keep up the great work!
    I have started a blog to help raise awareness and try to give my share in saving our planet and giving a little back to mother nature, feel free to visit at www.lovethyplanet.blogspot.com
    I have also requested you to add me as a friend on Fcaebook
    Laura, Florida

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!