This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Monday, November 17, 2008

Mmmm .. What a Nice Weekend

This post is going to be all about me and what a great weekend I had!  Steph and I left home at 9:30 am on Friday and drove to Branson, Missouri.  We made a short stop in Springfield to surprise my Ozarks Pal, Linda.  It was so good to see her!  She hasn't changed a bit!  We ate some Chinese food at my old favorite restaurant and then headed on to Branson.  It poured the entire way, but that didn't dampen our spirits!  We arrived at the Stout's campground, Lakeview Campground, at around 2:00 or so and unloaded the van into our tents ... JUST KIDDING! Actually we stayed in the park model trailer, that was really nice!  We had full use of it ourselves, so we set up our scrapbook tables and supplies in the little living room, got the dvd player all hooked up, layed out all of our snacks and immediately got to work.  We scrapbooked from 3:30 pm until 3:00 AM, only stopping to eat dinner!!  In that time I caught up our vacation album (finished our trip to Baltimore and Great Wolf Lodge) and had a good start on Eli's album.  We collapsed into bed and were back at it by 9:30 Saturday morning. 

Steph made her world-famous cinnamon rolls and then we were at it again!  We scrapbooked until about 3:30 pm and then got gussied up and headed to The Landing for dinner.  It is so pretty there this time of year!  The little brick-layed street and trees with lights is so fun!  We did a little window shopping, and slipped into a couple of stores to warm up .. it was FREEZING!  We ended up eating at a Mexican restaurant (can't remember the name) and then headed back to the campground.  With stuffed bellies we put on our pjs and got back to work! I was EXHAUSTED by this point, but still had so much I wanted to accomplish.  I had gotten Eli's album caught up that morning and was wanting to make a dent in my biggest project I had brought, which was Dawson's album.  We worked from 8:30 pm until 1:30 am.  At that point my mind was mush and I had not an ounce of creativity left!  So we gave up and went to bed.

Sunday morning we just got up, showered, cleaned up our stuff, cleaned the trailer and said good-bye to the Stouts.  We went to Tanger Outlet for some shopping before we left town. After lunch at Hard Luck Cafe, we headed back to home to our eagerly-awaiting husbands and children. 

Of course getting 50 PAGES scrapbooked is paramount on a trip like that, and eating junk food in my pjs all weekend is a close second.  I enjoyed watching movie after movie without interruption (and none of which were cartoons), although most of them were horrible and not worth our time!!  But really, what I enjoy most of all, is spending a weekend with someone who loves me for me!  Steph and I solve all the world's problems in those weekends, lift up each other as wives and moms and encourage each other's faith.  I need those weekends to survive. It was awesome and I loved every minute of it!  I can't wait to do it again!  I need to look at my calendar!

2 comments:

  1. Your old Ozarks pal was THRILLED that you did the "drive by". It was JUST what the doctor ordered to brighten up a chaotic work week (which you so well remember). I was honored that I got a tiny little piece of time out of such an important weekend.....sounds like it was exactly what the two of you girls needed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THanks...I had a great time! Thanks for always being there for me and remember...some secrets need to stay in Branson!! LOL!! Until next time...which will hopefully be soon! Love you girly!!

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!